Precious Moments

texasteacher

Precious Moments

Post by texasteacher »

Somebody had a set of Precious Moments alphabet letters (T Turtle, A Angel) etc. Can anyone direct me to the rest of the alphabet? I find that now I need it...normal isn't that???

THanks in advance.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Precious Moments

Post by Sweetness4713 »

There are coloring pages here that you can convert to svgs.. http://www.coloringbook4kids.com/2009/0 ... oring.html
texasteacher

Post by texasteacher »

Thanks everyone. Now, if I just knew how to use inkscape to convert them, I'd be in great shape.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

If you are using scal, then you can just click on a picture and save it to your desktop and then open scal.

In scal, go to File Trace or use the Trace button at the top.
Browse and find the picture and click Preview, and then okay...they trace great immediately.

Then, when the picture is on your mat go to Edit, and Select All, and the Object and Break Apart. Now you can pull the pieces apart or, click on them and with your right mouse button Copy and paste...so you keep the original trace in tact for gluing all pieces together...you then have that to look at..or just for mess ups it is always good to have a copy pasted image.

You can do this....it is basic. Watch the tutorials on the homepage for more learning.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Here is a thought with this one and here is a sample. I only did a little with the colors, mostly for the time issue. I used eCal but you can do the same in SCAL2 and 3.

Save the image as a jpeg. Open eCAL or SCAL. Go to trace image. Places the image on the mat. Ungroup and break apart as needed. There were quite a few nodes with the letter A and quite a few little pieces to pull apart, so I just tried to separate the letter A and remove a few pieces that looked a little odd. Even used the "exclude" feature in a few areas.

Check the layers pane on the right. I actually had 2 copies of the trace using eCal. You want to delete the one that has the gaps in the lines.

Then, recolor the pieces as you choose.

Group back together. Put a shadow mat around.

I think this would be a great "print to cut" type of image unless you want to work with the many pieces.

It took me about 1/2 hour to do this one very roughly and would be a great project to do the whole alphabet.

Might be a nice challenge for board members to jump in and put the whole alphabet together?
Attachments
PreciousMoments.jpg
PreciousMoments.jpg (37.18 KiB) Viewed 8691 times
PreciousMomentsA.scut3
(130.21 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Sandy in PA
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

The precious moments font/ding that I downloaded a few years ago was so clean that all I had to do is break apart and add color :)
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Yep...found the dingbats. Here is the link:

http://www.searchfreefonts.com/free/pre ... oments.htm

A little easier as you will not need the trace feature.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Would still make a nice group project.
Sandy in PA