Vintage Bicycle

gj1

Re: Vintage Bicycle

Post by gj1 »

Hey Rosie...not sure what is up with the pm thing...I did just recently receive one, so I know it is working on my end.

I was thinking about your bike?????...is it the kind with more that 3 wheels, because if it just has 3 wheels and you stopped helping to pedal...boy, your man must be STrOng!!! Also, did you hit your head hard to hurt yourself? Gosh, all this time and we did not know...so sorry your have been going through this...from surfing to immobility...that definately must change how your days go.

Thanks for your kind comments and glad we are all able to talk here.

Oh, and just keeping it about crafting...remember this image I made...I changed the name. Just having some fun here :)
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
lkc

Post by lkc »

Rosie,

So sorry to hear of your serious troubles. Glad you are making headway and how nice that this file can have special meaning, too. It gave me an idea for a card for a friend that is celebrating 40 years in September and she and her husband have a tandem bike they ride around our little town...so now I know the perfect card to send!
Rosie0530

Post by Rosie0530 »

LAura and gj1 thanks for your thoughts. I actually didn't hit my head. I didn't hit anything. It's called surfer's myelopathy and it was just a strange injury to the spinal chord. Recovery is anywhere from 10% to 90% but I think I am on the high end as I can walk with a cane now and drive short distances. I am still waiting on the S-3 nerves to wake up, so the backs of my legs are still "asleep" and that makes my balance and walking gate off a bit, but much better than when we came home (totally in a wheelchair). It certainly helps to have an angel of a husband and son to look after me.. Our 17 year old was my chauffeur all summer, to rehab and to get groceries, etc.
Our bike is a two wheeler and I can peddle for about 10 miles now. After that I get too worn out. That is the biggest change now....I tire very easily. The Dr. said that may be the case for a long time, so I sit more and dust less! Crafting is like a sanity saver...it keeps my mind and hands busy doing something I enjoy. You guys and your designs are awesome and I really do appreciate your generosity. Thank you.

gj1

Post by gj1 »

Sounds like you do all you can to keep your spirits up...inspirational...thanks....hope you continue to improve.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.