cutting a word at bottom of page

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
nuzzmark

cutting a word at bottom of page

Post by nuzzmark »

I didn't know how how phrase the question, but about 5 years ago, on a page for one of my grand kids, I had the word Baseball at the bottom of the page. Attached is a picture of it. I haven't done much scrapbooking since they graduated high school 5 years ago! Now, with all this time on my hands, I've continued the books for our other grand kids. I cannot remember how I cut that page out with the word "attached". I tried a practice page & the letters were all separated. The tops of the letters on the page are "whole" as if they had no tops to them. I know I'm not explaining it right, but I hope you can get what I mean. It's probably very simple, but I am having a senior moment, I think! lol
Hope everyone is staying safe & keeping as busy as possible!
Clara
Attachments
baseball page.jpg
baseball page.jpg (107.43 KiB) Viewed 6629 times
SandyMcC

Re: cutting a word at bottom of page

Post by SandyMcC »

So type out the letters using the text of your choice. Add a rectangle, sized at whatever you like. Size the letters to match the width of the rectangle. Overlap the letters slightly with the rectangle. Select the letters and the rectangle and apply Path>Union. As you can see in the last screenshot, it's all one piece now.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.64 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (36.4 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (30.55 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
nuzzmark

Post by nuzzmark »

Hi Sandy!
I can't thank you enough! You really made my day. This time, I will be copying the instructions so I will be able to have them whenever I want to do a page like this. Everyone here is so helpful & I know whenever I have a question, I'll get an answer.
I hope everyone here are the Craft Edge Forums is staying as safe as possible & having fun keeping busy.
(((HUGS)))
Clara
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome! And I wish you great health, as well!
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/