Image Size for Print and Cut

The Cynergist

Post by The Cynergist »

Just how small does an image have to be to be able to print and cut?

I'm trying to do a sheet of 8 business cards. The entire document measures
7 x 8 which I'm trying to print on an 8.5 x 11 paper. I keep getting the error
that the registration marks won't print because they are outside the print area.

As I am trying to do business cards making the image smaller is not an option.

Just to see what would happen, I placed a 3.5 x 3 shape on the mat and still got
the same error message. Why are the registration marks set so far from the image?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Image Size for Print and Cut

Post by HeatherM »

You don't say what version of SCAL you have or what cutter, but it may be possible to move the registration marks. In eCAL1 and SCAL3 they are under Cutter/Cutter settings for some of the cutters. Also if your cutter uses manual alignment with dots inside crosshairs like the eClips then you don't need the outer lines. If after adjusting the registration marks as much as possible to give you the maximum cuttable area you can just ignore the warning and go ahead and print. I would print on copy paper the first time to make sure that everything that you need prints just to be safe.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

If it still doesn't work, do a Ctrl+A and make sure there's not a stray shape at the margins of the cutting mat that's causing SCAL to see the project as being much larger than what you intend. It's very odd that when you tried a really small shape, it still wouldn't print given that the default Offset in Cutter Settings should have be 0.64 cm. So, maybe there's something else going on.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
The Cynergist

Post by The Cynergist »

Thank you for the reply.

I'm using SCAL 4 with a cameo 3 cutter.

There isn't anything in the cutter settings that indicate to me that
I can move the registrations marks unless it has something to do
with the 4 buttons over top of my document. 2 are for zoom and
the other 2 I don't know what they are. One looks like a paper and
the other like 4 dots? One dot in each corner of the icon.

No stray shapes in my document
and I don't see what the default offset is either.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

The Cameo 3 doesn't have the option for changing the reg mark thickness. It's more of a plug and play cutter.

Go to your File>Print and click on Properties and make sure you haven't selected something like Fit to Page. Every printer is different, so not sure what your options are. But if you go through all of them, you should be able to make sure something like that hasn't been chosen.

If that's not it, I need to see your actual file. You can attach it here or email it to me at smccauley45@cox.net.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Your best options are to either use Silhouette Studio or if your edges are all straight use a paper trimmer. The lack of adjustable registration marks in SCAL for the Cameo is why I never paid to upgrade to SCAL4. Silhouette Studio will allow you to adjust both the size and location of the registration marks.
The Cynergist

Post by The Cynergist »

HeatherM wrote:The lack of adjustable registration marks in SCAL for the Cameo is why I never paid to upgrade to SCAL4. Silhouette Studio will allow you to adjust both the size and location of the registration marks.
Yeah I kinda feel like I wasted my money with scal4. I couldn't get this to work in studio either though. Do I need to get designer edition?
The Cynergist

Post by The Cynergist »

Business Cards for Cameo.svg
(889.04 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
SandyMcC wrote:The Cameo 3 doesn't have the option for changing the reg mark thickness. It's more of a plug and play cutter.

Go to your File>Print and click on Properties and make sure you haven't selected something like Fit to Page. Every printer is different, so not sure what your options are. But if you go through all of them, you should be able to make sure something like that hasn't been chosen.

If that's not it, I need to see your actual file. You can attach it here or email it to me at smccauley45@cox.net.
Thank you Sandy.
The Cynergist

Post by The Cynergist »

Thanks for the help and suggestions. It took all day and night, but I
finally figured something out with silhouette studio.
KarpushaVC

Post by KarpushaVC »

would you please introduce a software to make ISO image from CD/DVD? as i checked by some of them nero,clone cd ,its impossible to make ISO image by these softwares directly from cd/dvd.
regards
E.Hashemipour