Changing Cutter machines

Common questions/answers for new users
wvcathy

Changing Cutter machines

Post by wvcathy »

My spare " C " - which I have only used 4 times I think is shot. When I turn the power button on it just flashes and keyboard flashes and nothing in the LCD screen - so think I will have to buy another machine -- just don't have a clue what to buy - like the idea of the ones that engraves but alot of $$$... I have read all the cutter reviews but still don't get much from that in helping me to make a decision...

All info welcomed...

Regards,
Cathy
dragonlord666

Re: Changing Cutter machines

Post by dragonlord666 »

Cathy,

where (just a local area) do you live?
maybe someone near you has a machine they could show you working (or let you have a go to see if you like it)

can I suggest looking into a cameo as a replacement

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I don't think you can go wrong with either the Cameo or the eClips. It really depends on what you will primarily want to cut. I think the current prices for the Cameo are a bit lower than the Cameo, but it can also cut thicker material. Of course, if the budget allows and you want the heavy duty features of the high end cutters, then you should look into those.
Rosie0530

Post by Rosie0530 »

I would recommend the cameo or the Zing.They are both fabulous machines with excellent software. The Zing is bigger and cuts bigger things but they are both wonderful. I Had to buy a new cutter about 6 months ago and after usig both at a friends' house I went with the Zing. Can't say that I have ever been sorry.

gj1

Post by gj1 »

You will find a list of the cutters that scal3 operates with here

http://craftedge.com/
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

I have decided to sell my Black Cat Lynx and purchase a Silver Bullet. I have had it for 2 years but it still works well and but I want the option of the additional tools that are coming. PM me if you are interested.
Jan
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

Jan,

the tools for the bullet will still fit the lynx/cougar

the lynx has less pressure than a cougar which has less pressure than a bullet but the tools are all interchangeable.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

OK but d0n't tell my husband, I still want the Silver Bullet!
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

jrichards wrote:OK but d0n't tell my husband, I still want the Silver Bullet!

Hide the lynx in the loft/shed/garage and tell him you sold it, buy the bullet and then, hey, the person did not want it and gave it back to you :)

or, do what I did, I told those that moaned/asked that I won it in a competition ;)

Gaz
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Thanks for all the info - I would love the Silver Bullett - I don't like learning curves but oh well --- now just to try and justify the money - love the idea of engraving / etching / thicker cutting -- kind of features

Kind of depressing that the "C" is down after 3 uses - my other ones has run like a duracell -- but certainly not the nice feature as some of the others mentioned..

thanks again
Cathy