cameo 4 wont cut after windows update

For your help and questions
myarbrough

cameo 4 wont cut after windows update

Post by myarbrough »

I have a cameo 4 running scal 5 pro, and after windows did an update whenever I try to cut anything out, the program just crashes, i can't get the one of the new updates to uninstall so now i'm stuck with a machine that will not work, does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
SandyMcC

Re: cameo 4 wont cut after windows update

Post by SandyMcC »

Have you tried testing it from Silh Studio? You might need to do a firmware update for your Cameo 4 if it's been a long time since you've updated it.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
myarbrough

Post by myarbrough »

yes i did, it had a firmware update and i did it, but still no go, i know it has to do with the windows update, i was able to uninstall it before but now it installed another update with does not allow the offending update to be uninstalled, just hoping someone else has had the same problem and found a solution for it
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I had my colleague in Australia test this out and he said that while the Test Connection button causes SCAL5 to crash, if he just clicks on Cut instead, then it proceeds to cut just fine. Are you attempting to use the Test Connection button or definitely clicking on Cut? Note that he's using a Windows 10 computer.

I dug out my Cameo 4 and tested it, as well, using Windows 11 and I got the same results. Test Connection closes SCAL5 but not Cut.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
myarbrough

Post by myarbrough »

Just got around to checking this suggestion out, i tried just initiating the cut instead of clicking test connection, and the program acts like it is cutting, but the machine never actually does anything