Cameo 4 - tool position 2

For your help and questions
MunsterBorn

Cameo 4 - tool position 2

Post by MunsterBorn »

I've been experimenting with an aftermarket knife tool for the Cameo4, purchased from a vendor on AliExpress - it holds the Roland style blades in a magnetic cup and has a dial ratchet to select blade protrusion of 1-10. The tool works well in postion 1 (Red). When I load the tool into pos. 2 (Blue), the cutting preview is blank (see attached screenshots for comparison). When I run the cut job, the LEFT hand tool holder runs the cut path. Once SCAL has finished sending the job to the cutter, the cut dialog box closes as normal. If I immediately restart it (as though I were going to repeat the cut job) the settings have reverted to the LEFT tool (i.e. Red or position 1).

My question is this. Have I identified a bug/compatability issue, or am I doing something stupid?

n.b. For comparison, I ran a similar test job using Inkscape & the Silhouette plugin, and it cut using the position 2 tool with no issues.
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (141.01 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (144.24 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Easily distracte
SandyMcC

Re: Cameo 4 - tool position 2

Post by SandyMcC »

Before you open the Cut Settings window, you need to assign that shape (or shapes) to Tool 2 on the Style Panel. Then, if you are leaving it set to Cut (which I assume you will), then make sure that in the Cut Settings window, when you select Tool 2, you also select Blade.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
MunsterBorn

Post by MunsterBorn »

Ah, thank you once again, Sandy!

I have now re-read section 8.01 of your (excellent) manual, and watched the accompanying video tutorial. It all makes sense at last.
Easily distracte
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome! So nice to read this. Thank you!
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/