Saving as an SVG

For your help and questions
wvcathy

Saving as an SVG

Post by wvcathy »

I have all SCAL's up to 5 Pro - is there a feature on any version where you can save as an svg - other than if you trace something & save svg. Thinking like if you create it I would like to save as svg

Thank you
Ingegard

Re: Saving as an SVG

Post by Ingegard »

Hi,just go to file and down to export. Your file will be saved as a SVG.
Windows 10 Scal 2 and 4. Black Cat Cougar
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

I just wondered if another way - usually when I do export - it does not save the size correctly and sometimes only part of design even if I group them together - but will fiddle with it more - thanks for response
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You'll notice in the SVG export window. a drop down menu of DPI settings. This is needed because different programs have their own default SVG import settings. Some will pick out the DPI sizing from the SVG file itself, but not all. So, If you post back which program you're always using, then we can advise you on what to use for that export.

Similar to this, there is an SVG Import DPI setting under Edit>Preferences and it's used in case the SVG file you're using doesn't contain that sizing info and you find that what you're bringing into SCAL isn't the same size as what it is reportedly supposed to be.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

I am almost always creating in SCAL 5 and exporting to cut in SCAL2
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I should be able to help you resolve this. I need you to provide VERY specific version numbers for both SCAL5 and SCAL2. Just go to Help>About Sure Cuts A Lot in both versions and post back the versions shown in that window. Then I'll compare to mine and possibly get you updated so that we're both using the same. I assume you're on a PC?
Sandy McCauley
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Not sure if that's a good thing - I do not want to change anything on SCAL 2 - that is the one I cut with (Expression)
SCAL 2 - v 2.044
SCAL 3 - v 3.076
SCAL 4 - v 4.078
SCAL 4 Pro - v 4.080

SCAL5 Pro - 5.056

I have each one (except 2) set up to cut with Silver Bullet Professional
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I just ran some tests. I'm current only SCAL5 Pro 5.062 but I dont' think that would be the issue. And my SCAL2 is the same as yours.

I added a 5" square to the screen in SCAL5. Then, in the SVG export window in SCAL5, I made sure the DPI was set to 72. Then in SCAL2, the SVG imported at the correct size: 5".

I also tested using the File>Send To>Sure Cuts A Lot 2 and that also worked. The square sent over was 5", as well.

Maybe try just a basic shape the way I did to see if it works?
Sandy McCauley