Rhinestone Experts Please Help

For your help and questions
PattyCake87

Rhinestone Experts Please Help

Post by PattyCake87 »

Hi Everyone,
I've had SCAL 5 for a month now and I've been having issues with using the rhinestone feature, I'm well versed on sizing and spacing of the rhinestones, the issue I'm having is every time I try to fill a vector with rhinestones from the inside its always disproportionate on the top and bottom, below I've attached some pictures of what I mean. How can I fix this? I tried everything. Also is there a plugin that I will need for SCAL 5 to get a better rhinestone design, or should I fine a software that can better meet my needs, I'm ready to give up and get the Coral Draw and install a plugin because that is the only software I've seen that is perfect, Please Help, :( :(
Attachments
Pactice 16 ss 4mm.svg
This is what I get
(369.35 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Strata 22oz Tumbler Wrap Craft 1 of 6.SVG
This is what I want
(180.13 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
SandyMcC

Re: Rhinestone Experts Please Help

Post by SandyMcC »

Okay... I imported the two SVG files and the issue here is that you're comparing apples and oranges... a curved pattern design versus a horizontal fill design. When I created the curves based on that original design and then applied the SCAL Rhinestone effects, I was able to recreate exactly the pattern design you want. See the red curves I created on the left? Then I copied/pasted those curves to the right and let SCAL place the stones onto those curves:
1.png
1.png (504.71 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
I hope this makes sense?
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/