Need Help - Perforations

For your help and questions
wvcathy

Need Help - Perforations

Post by wvcathy »

Will someone help - I have read so much info on this and still can't get it - - I need a rectangle 6 1/2" by 9 3/4" with small perforations at 3/4" 4 5/8" 5 1/4" and at 5 7/8" going in the direction of the 6 1/2" width

Any help /guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Cathy
jrichards

Re: Need Help - Perforations

Post by jrichards »

Put the rectangle on your workspace and make it the size you want. You will have to take the check mark out of the "keep proportions box, pull the tool bar out where you can see it and click on the pen tool, it looks like the tip of a calligraphy pen, go to where you want your first line and click on the mouse once, drag it across to the other side of the object and click again on the end. Highlight the line and go to the "Appearances" box and at the bottom you will see "line style" drop down the menu and pick the perforation that you want, as long as your line is highlighted it will change to that type of line. Repeat for the other 3 lines.
Hope this helps.
Jan
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Thank you so much - will give it a try now

Yippppeee - After all these years of having Die-cut machine - - I finally can do this - should have asked years ago :-) Thanks Jan
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

So happy to be able to help, believe me it has taken me a long time to pick up on all of the tricks and I am sure there are plenty more I don't know! I think it is great to be able to get help on the forum!
Jan
Aeady

Post by Aeady »

Jan, I'm in a similar predicament. Very new to SCAL2. I don't know how to change the line style in an object - instead of cutting, I want to make it into a scoring line or just remove the line altogether in some cases. I have learned how to create new lines using my preferred line style, but I just can't seem to get this. Am I making sense? Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

Eady