Template for covering a Six Pack Bottle Carrier -

vevayvicki

Template for covering a Six Pack Bottle Carrier -

Post by vevayvicki »

A couple weekends ago we had a little party. At the end of the night there were several 6 pack carriers left by the "party fridge". Like the crazy my family thinks I am, I insisted on not throwing these into the recycling bin but putting them on my craft shelf. Over the last few years I have seen various takes on decorating these for parties, gifts etc. And now, like found treasure, I had a supply of my VERY OWN! (Note- this was not the first time a 6 pack has entered my home but maybe because the moon was full and there were more than just a couple I decided to stash them.)

Fast forward to this week. My oldest was turning 16 and I wanted to make a gift basket to surprise at school. Ah-ha! I will use one of those nifty six pack holders and cover it with some sparkle plaid paper that just looks like my girl! (Now I can at least show my husband I am not totally insane.)

Well SCAL has made me lazy...why take the time to cut it with a knife (old school- aka 5 months ago for me) when I can just design and cut from the software! Plus, the added bonus of an easy way to cover the next one.

I thought I would share my template. I am not sure if all carriers are made equally but it should be easy enough to adjust. The file attached fits a Bud Light/Budweiser/Sam Adams carrier (or at least the ones found in this neck of the woods). The bonus of this project is if you don't have a spare container handy you can always go to the store purchase your favorite 6-pack...and then someone is going to need to drink 'em :D

Hope you enjoy! Happy crafting/scrapping/messing.
Attachments
bottle carton template.svg
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 901 times
bottle carton template.jpg
bottle carton template.jpg (8.59 KiB) Viewed 10459 times
Bottle carton gift.jpg
Bottle carton gift.jpg (97.51 KiB) Viewed 10459 times
vevayvicki creating Miss Hippy's Hugs
lkc

Re: Template for covering a Six Pack Bottle Carrier -

Post by lkc »

What a fun idea! You made me get up and pull my Seagram's Wine cooler holder out of my recycling pile...I had already flattened it but it looks like I could use it...may have to adapt your idea...thanks! :D
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Great idea and I really appreciate that you posted the picture of your finished product.
Sandy in PA
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

This is so cute.. thank you so m uch.. I can see this used as a childs birthday party to use for carrying bubble soap bottles and having as a centerpiece..
gj1

Post by gj1 »

This is a terrific idea for recycle...I love it!
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Thank you for the great idea and file. Really awesome project. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
janekinso

Post by janekinso »

It is a good idea, and the finished product is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it. And Sweetness, I like your ideas for the bubble bottles and table centerpiece. Such creative ladies!
jane
Creativity is a continual surprise.--Ray Bradbury

Silver Bullet 13, SCAL 4.038, Win7 64 bit
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

That is a really great idea. The way you have created the hamper is awesome and one should definitely try this out. You can be so creative when creating a gift basket / a gift hamper for someone. Above all when the personal taste and knowledge about a person comes through and you create something very personal for someone. I really love that. Especially for Christmas. I love creating christmas hampers because there is such a great variety of things one can include into a basket. :) It is so much fun.
laxmom

Post by laxmom »

How fun is that!! Wonderful job and thanks for sharing. My only problem is that my guys only buy in bulk~~the case lot size!!! Oh well, but I will at least be prepared if by chance they only come home with a 6 pack.
paperkeepsakes

Post by paperkeepsakes »

OMG I just did a search to see if someone had made a file for this project and low and behold someone had. So I do not have to reinvent the wheel ! YAY THANK YOU THANK YOU !! Much appreciated.