Box round up starts here!!!

angel

Box round up starts here!!!

Post by angel »

I have created a box base for you to use to make treat/gift boxes, however this is an open top box, meaning no lid.

I would like to start this box round up because its fun and to help us learn a few things. I have made a butterfly box using basic shapes butterfly, I will share that file and the box base.

To create a box, take a look at where I have the butterfly placed in the treat box cut file, when you place your own object there, make sure to have the height set just as tall or taller if the mat will allow it as well as a slight overlap onto the box base. Your object must fit inside those tabs (as you see in my file, the wing sides have a small space on each side at the bottom to allow the sides of the box base to fold upwards. select your object you want to use and get your size right to fit, duplicate your object you have chose to use, right click the duplicate and go to transform, select flip vertically, and slide it down where you want it on the other side of box base, use your nudge up/down and nudge side direction in the appearance box to align it perfectly.

Goto your layers box and hide your scorelines, then select all and union, go to layers palette and unhide the score lines.

Please note: anytime you need to union your objects, and they have scorelines already, your score lines must NOT be GROUPED or you will lose your scorelines even if they are hidden when you do the union, they have to be broke apart and then hidden, and then union.

I cant wait to see what you create, please share your cut file with us here on the forum!!!
butterfly treat box.jpg
butterfly treat box.jpg (41.7 KiB) Viewed 6590 times
Attachments
butterfly treat box.scut3
(53.5 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
treat box base.scut3
(34.97 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
wynnepam

Re: Box round up starts here!!!

Post by wynnepam »

Here is one that I did for my daughters wedding. We used these to put the votive candles in from Michaels as a party favor.
Attachments
IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0855.jpg (17.64 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
Votive Candle Template - Michaels.scut2
(51.59 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
angel

Post by angel »

Here is some notches for boxes that need curvature, resize to suit your needs.
notches for boxes.PNG
notches for boxes.PNG (8.71 KiB) Viewed 6559 times
Attachments
notchesforboxes.scut3
(45.5 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Lauram312000

Post by Lauram312000 »

I'll add to this!!! I just recreated a gable or "munchkin" box, 3 different ways...page 1 is really small but fits 1 shotglass and can cut on 8 1/2 x 11 paper, page 2 you need to cut 2 and glue the pieces together for a large box, page 3 is meant for 12 x 12 paper and slightly bigger than page 1.
Attachments
gables.scut2
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
angel

Post by angel »

Here is a one piece pie box I made myself, for an actual size piece of pie lol.
big slice of pie.PNG
big slice of pie.PNG (19.8 KiB) Viewed 6524 times
Attachments
pie box one piece for a real slice of pie.scut3
(49.31 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
gj1

Post by gj1 »

OUTSTANDING!!! I am so glad to see everyone posting and making things to share. Thank you sooo sooo much!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Rosie0530

Post by Rosie0530 »

Here we go... I pulled the image of the crosses off of the internet and turned them into the sides of this little box. I haven't cut it yet but I think the crosses should just drop out of the sides.
Attachments
cross box REG.svg
(21.93 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

angel

Post by angel »

Here is a lid I made to go with the box base, please note, that your box sides have to be glued straight up and down to use it, and may not work with all shapes that you decide to put on your box base. I recommend attaching to one end before you glue your all your sides up.
box base lid.PNG
box base lid.PNG (12.45 KiB) Viewed 6387 times
Attachments
box base lid.scut3
(37.19 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
angel

Post by angel »

I see alot of you have baby showers coming up, I made this using the box base and lid, I also included liners for behind the bundle of joy.
bundle of joy.PNG
bundle of joy.PNG (28.53 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
Attachments
bundle of joy box with lid.scut3
(191.45 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Very very nice...creative idea on how to do the box. I like the decorative inset...thank you for sharing here.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.