Scalp 5 Slow Laggy on Mac

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
mx724

Scalp 5 Slow Laggy on Mac

Post by mx724 »

I just upgraded to SCALP pro 5 and Im very disappointed. Zooming in and out is buggy when using the mouse wheel zoom. Ive tried several mice, as well as having the same issue in SCALP PRO 4.

Im running on a MAC which has no issues running Auto CAD and several other graphic design programs. I have to say for what this software costs and how it performs seems like it lacking.

-Why is zooming so SLOW / responsiveness feels slow and why does it zoom in and out so inconsistently regardless of the mouse being used or the version of the software being run?
-Snapping is almost useless
-SLOW laggy.
-designing anything remotely complex seems awful with the poor snapping and zooming.

Bear in mind this a fresh install of SCALP 5 just installed today as the latest version.

Anyone have suggestions? See mac specs attached.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 11.50.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 11.50.13 AM.png (31.84 KiB) Viewed 4585 times
SandyMcC

Re: Scalp 5 Slow Laggy on Mac

Post by SandyMcC »

I've never had any issues with SCAL4 Pro or SCAL5 Pro on my Mac... all through Mojave, Catalina and now Big Sur. But I DID read about this issue on one of the SCAL FB groups and noted the solution in my Evernotes database. So, try this:

Find SCAL in your applications folder, click the icon once to highlight, then command + I (letter I, not the number 1).
Image.png
Image.png (706.46 KiB) Viewed 4583 times
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
mx724

Re: Scalp 5 Slow Laggy on Mac

Post by mx724 »

As show by the image above I dont have that option. Is your mac a retina display? I think that option is only there on the retina displays. I simply have a 4k display. I also reached out to support, I wonder if they even respond?