Nexus Font is awesome & so is the Extractor

Care_911

Nexus Font is awesome & so is the Extractor

Post by Care_911 »

I started using it once I got windows 7 which doesn't work with font thing and it's great.

I had some issues with the font thing that aren't present with Nexus, and you can see all your fonts (even uninstalled ones) I'm pretty sure you can print out uninstalled ones, too.

It also has a great feature where it can find any duplicate fonts you have. It can also sort by font type (not 100% but for something free still pretty good as far as I am concerned.)

The only thing I'd wish for is that when you are categorizing when you make folders it does them as you create them, it's not alphabetical, which font thing does do.

But I am happier with it than I ever was with Font Thing.

Also, the Extractor is the best for unzipping zip and rar files--you can do them in batches, not one by one, saves a lot of time, just drag and drop, then send them wherever you want.

Both on Cnet but the new nexus version isn't and took a bit of searching to find but I managed to find it.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Nexus Font is awesome & so is the Extractor

Post by HeatherM »

What is the most recent version of Nexus? I found found how to use TFT with Win7 and initially it worked great, but now it isn't showing all of my fonts. I am going to give this one a try.
Care_911

Post by Care_911 »

I believe it's 2.5

Let me know if you can't find it (the original person who wrote it has a site but if there is a way to do download it from there, I haven't found it.)

I just kind of googled around till I found somewhere.

If you have no luck, PM me and I'll send you the .exe file

If it doesn't work the first time, try again... I've had that a few times with programs on win 7 for some reason. They won't install, and then they do :shock: that's windows for ya, LOL
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I have it, thank you. Here is where I downloaded it from. http://xiles.net/programs/ :D