please help with nodes

upallnite

please help with nodes

Post by upallnite »

attached is an image. Im having touble with nodes. Im VERY new in the nodes field. I need help merging or deleting a few lines. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.. in the image, I have put arrows where I am needing help.
Thanks
Attachments
horserider needing help.svg
(297.18 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Re: please help with nodes

Post by DogCarbon »

Here is what I could do with the file. I am using inkscape, not sure what program you may be using.

If it not like you would like, just let us know... someone will be along shortly to help you out.

When I opened the file, everything was a grouped (look at the bottom of the screen, I think there are 52 groups).... and while is is grouped, you can not adjust the nodes.

so, i first ungrouped everything. And then I started to put the file back together by Path/Union each of the little pieces. Then I path/difference the outline and the "little pieces"

Also I simplified the entire file to reduce the number of nodes in the final svg file.

Any questions, please ask.
Attachments
horserider.png
horserider.png (26.23 KiB) Viewed 4146 times
horserider.svg
(20.65 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

this post containsa link to a great video for node editing. Take a look and let us know if it did the trick for you.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=31900&p=117476#p117476
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
upallnite

Post by upallnite »

DogCarbon wrote:Here is what I could do with the file. I am using inkscape, not sure what program you may be using.

If it not like you would like, just let us know... someone will be along shortly to help you out.

When I opened the file, everything was a grouped (look at the bottom of the screen, I think there are 52 groups).... and while is is grouped, you can not adjust the nodes.

so, i first ungrouped everything. And then I started to put the file back together by Path/Union each of the little pieces. Then I path/difference the outline and the "little pieces"

Also I simplified the entire file to reduce the number of nodes in the final svg file.

Any questions, please ask.
A HUGE THANK YOU! I am using scal2. It looks great. I will also look into inkscape and try your instructions.
A million thanks. ...
Upallnite
upallnite

Post by upallnite »

Great video papasue. I can't wait. To try on my own.