Need Help

kosy2

Need Help

Post by kosy2 »

Any one able to help me with a svg file for a box like this. My son is getting married and I was asked to make an inexpensive favor. I love this one (does't need to be exact copy) but don't know how to make a svg file. Anyone up to the challenge?
Attachments
il_570xN.422294345_g4v6.jpg
il_570xN.422294345_g4v6.jpg (57.22 KiB) Viewed 8676 times
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Need Help

Post by mitsim »

This is a site where the owner, Monica, makes tons of free svg files. If you scroll down, there are some little boxes you might be able to use. Not quite as fancy as the one you posted. But, check out her site. She has some amazing filigree files available.

http://www.fam-bjork.se/monicas-hobbysi ... _misc.html
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

Here is a pyramid tie box for sale:

http://www.loriwhitlock.com/shop/index. ... uct_id=245

you could then add a cutout to the file to get whatever shape in the middle cut out. And the above file is 8.5x11 compatible.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

How many of these do you need to make for the wedding? Something like this is going to take a long time to cut and if you have to make a lot of them, you are talking about hours and hours of cutting. What if you did something small and just did the top instead of all 4 sides. This box looks like it would hold a small Hershey Bar.

SMALLBOX
Todd
kosy2

Post by kosy2 »

Big thanks to all those who replied. I will have about 90 ( have until June 2014) to make so I would only want one side to be cut fancy with the birds. The wedding theme is birds so I need the box to look like a birdcage or something similar.
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

penny duncan has a cage box that you could modify into something closer to your sample.
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Sorry it took me so long to post this. I started it last month, and then life (and the flu) got in the way. I just posted a birdcage favor box to my blog here. This box has three solid sides and one side with the birdcage cut outs. The bottom is glue-less so that you can store them flat and then pop them open when you need them without needing to glue the bottoms. :D

Ingegard

Post by Ingegard »

Oh Heather, this is beautiful!!!!!!!Thank you so much for sharing this box with us.
Windows 10 Scal 2 and 4. Black Cat Cougar
papasue

Post by papasue »

Heather, I cut your file this morning and my eclips did it fast and perfectly! I was even able to fold and glue it without a hitch ribbon and all.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
kosy2

Post by kosy2 »

Thank you, thank you a million times. This is just what I wanted for my son's wedding. I had almost given up and was overjoyed when I saw your post today. Heather, you are the BEST!!!!!