cutting issue and MORE! newbie!

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
sswift333

cutting issue and MORE! newbie!

Post by sswift333 »

I bought a GCC AR-24 and am using SCAL5 all this is BRAND NEW to me - as I have been using Silhouette with a Cameo for several years. Ok, so I import my design - select cutter - looks good on little picture of what's going to happen - and then IT DOESN'T CUT ALL THE DESIGN plus it wastes a lot of vinyl by moving down several inches before cutting..........I am wasting so much vinyl trying to figure this out - been searching on internet for simple basic instructions for SCAL5 and the AR24 with NO LUCK......super frustrated and have a paint party I am trying to prepare for.....thanks so much for any help!
s
SandyMcC

Re: cutting issue and MORE! newbie!

Post by SandyMcC »

In the Cut Settings window, are you using WYSIWYG mode or Origin Point mode? Have you learned how to set the origin on your new GCC? Have you read the user manual that comes with your new GCC? Did it come with a test pen that you can use for test drawing to learn where shapes will end up based on settings you choose?
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
sswift333

Post by sswift333 »

SandyMcC you just gave me more info that GCC Tech Support did last night!!!!!!
I am using Origin Point mode - finally with tons of wasted vinyl I got it to work for this one project I have to get done for tomorrow night.
I did read the user manual.
NO test pen came with it at all.

I must say I am just not impressed at all - GCC Tech Support wasn't impressive either - he couldn't even explain to me where my vinyl should be lined up at and had no idea why my total design wouldn't cut. He sent me some videos on basic instruction for SCAL but it was covering simple items that I knew.

So, any help you can send my way would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for responding!
S
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I'm always happy to help where I can. I wrote a detailed SCAL5 user manual that will help you with all of the functions in SCAL. Unfortunately, I can't cover every cutter that SCAL works with because there are just too many. But usually, I can figure out enough to help someone with a cutter that I've not personally tested. Here's a link to my manual:

https://www.iloveknk.com/support/sure-c ... l-support/

Sorry to hear GCC's tech support is not up to snuff. A lot of these vinyl cutter companies assume users will just figure out things on their own. I'm contracted with companies focussed on the crafting market and crafters expect excellent support. So, that's what I do! If you're on Facebook, you can probably find an active GCC group if you have any other GCC-specific questions. But otherwise, just feel free to post here and I'll try to answer.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
sswift333

Post by sswift333 »

thank you so VERY much!!!!!
CompRop

cutting issue and MORE newbie

Post by CompRop »

Hello Is not a major issue, but when i use the spacebar to pause sometimes it appears paused in the screen sometimes not. thank you for all the work done