Send to SCAL5Pro from Illustrator

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
chiefgeek

Send to SCAL5Pro from Illustrator

Post by chiefgeek »

I am trying to use the `Send to SCAL5Pro` script for illustrator on MacOS Monterey and getting what looks like an automation permission error.
SCAL launches and then a dialog saying 'Not Authorized to send Apple events to Sure Cuts A Lot 5 Pro' displays.
Same thing happens if SCAL running or not.
sendToSCAL.png
sendToSCAL.png (26.33 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
I have gone into Security And Preferences to see if I can allow the permission with no luck, I ran the script from a terminal and a system dialog opened up telling me to grant permissions and those permissions fixed it from terminal but not from illustrator. There is no permission listed for Illustrator under Security & Privacy -> Automation

I found this in the logs:
2021-11-14 08:12:32.153408-0600 0x84a621 Debug 0x0 24179 0 Sure Cuts A Lot 5 Pro: (AE) [com.apple.appleevents:main] ASKING TCC FOR PERMISSION TO PROCESS EVENT ears/ffdr from <private> timeout=120 seconds
SandyMcC

Re: Send to SCAL5Pro from Illustrator

Post by SandyMcC »

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with this one at all, as I don't have Illustrator. Paul does, but he doesn't own a Mac.

Back to the Bridge program, note that the reg marks (which you add by clicking on the Add reg marks button on the Bridge options) should produce a layer called SCAL.REGMARKS. When you send your project to SCAL, the preview window does NOT display those reg marks because it should only show what will cut. But otherwise, SCAL has "accepted" those reg marks as being in whatever particular location they appear relative to the design project

You should also print your project from Illustrator and then hide any layers that you do not plan to cut. Then only send the SCAL.REGMARKS layer and the layers called SCAL.CUTONLY to SCAL.

Hope this helps!
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
chiefgeek

Post by chiefgeek »

Yes that helps. It is rather confusing that the dialog that pops up when send via bride has a print+cut button that doesn't work.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Are you saying a new window doesn't open when you click on this button here?
1.png
1.png (15.15 KiB) Viewed 2499 times
Sandy McCauley
chiefgeek

Post by chiefgeek »

It is confusing because you answered question from a different thread in this thread.

When I use SCAL Bridge Pro and click the Print-N-Cut button indicated in your picture, the dialog opens with left half shown as a white screen and clicking the print button in that dialog does nothing. I think you answered this when you said you should print from Illustrator and only send the cut job to SCAL?
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Sorry I missed seeing your response here. Yes, you definitely need to print from Illustrator.
Sandy McCauley