Anyone know how to fix this? (font thing)

Care_911

Anyone know how to fix this? (font thing)

Post by Care_911 »

I've downloaded it before, on a different computer (long gone) and a different version I am sure of font thing. Tried to download it via my fiance's teenaged son's laptop (runs vista I think it's a newer one) and when I try to do set up it says

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether or not you need an x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I don't know what to do with it, since I'm obviously not going to be able to "contact the software publisher". I have a few other options as I've saved it to my external hard drive so I can try the setup on my fiance's computer (who is, along with his computer, at work right now) or my own at home, but I have no idea if that will work either & I was kind of hoping to get it done today because I have been downloading a lot of fonts lately (I think after working on that baby card & having the font I chose and cut with scal & then glittered turn out awesome, I got excited about it)

If not, I guess I have to wait, but I just thought maybe someone here who runs vista might know what to do. Or who just has encountered this before.

Anyway, thanks in advance
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Anyone know how to fix this? (font thing)

Post by HeatherM »

You might see if it will run in XP compatibility mode.

You don't need a font manager to use uninstalled fonts though. Open the font/fonts that you want to use, then the program that you want to use them in, and they will work until you close them. I have found that if I want to go back and work on a file with uninstalled fonts, that as long as I open the font before re-opening the file that everything works fine.

Also, both versions of SCAL have a font refresh button, so you can open fonts at any time with SCAL and then use the refresh button to update the font list. HTH
Care_911

Re: Anyone know how to fix this? (font thing)

Post by Care_911 »

I just wanted to say thanks for the response. I managed to get it installed on my fiance's lap top. Now, naturally a couple other, new problems have cropped up, of course :), but nothing that can't be worked around. I'll still try out what you suggested and see how it works out.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I don't know about anyone else on here, but my daughter & I got our H1N1 vaccinations just over a week ago and boy were we both sick for about a week afterward--it's been about 9 days now and she is still not feeling herself again. That was the most sick I've been in a long time, and the muscle pain (fortunately it didn't last the whole time I was sick) was out of this world, and not in a good way.

All I can say is, if that is what it feels like when the H1N1 virus is dead, I'd hate to feel what it is like *alive*.