Provo Craft Design Studio

For your help and questions
Shelley

Provo Craft Design Studio

Post by Shelley »

So I have been ranting and raving about SCAL... Personally, I would never use Design Studio again... However, one of my friends is now a little ticked that she put SCAL on her computer, and now she is saying that DS won't cut...

What's the answer?
..."you had the power all along"...
from The Wizard of Oz

nutsaboutminis

Re: Provo Craft Design Studio

Post by nutsaboutminis »

Maybe she needs to update the firmware on her Cricut? IDK I have both SCAL and DS on my laptop and my Cricut runs fine off of either one. (Of course, I haven't done any DS updates since Dec!) HTH!

Cindy
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

I actually suggested that she update her firmware, and she says she did... but on further investagation, it turns out she only had the trial version of DS, which is why it wouldn't cut...

She did say that she called Provo Craft, and she told them about SCAL and they said that thier software will not work now because there is a "third-party stamp" on her cricut... (?) and freaked her out when they informed her that her warranty is now void.

I respectfully reminded her that her warranty is mostlikely expired anyway...

I told her that I don't even use DS anymore as I have soooo much more creative freedom with SCAL...

Anyway.... like I said, she only had the trial version of DS.. :roll:
from The Wizard of Oz

Shelley

Post by Shelley »

oh, and incedentally, my DS and my SCAL both work just fine and dandy too...
from The Wizard of Oz

ScrappyGal

Post by ScrappyGal »

Last edited by ScrappyGal on Sat May 14, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I think they told her her warranty is no good because of the fact she is using SCAL with it.. If they find out you are using SCAL with your machine and something happens to the machine because of it, you machine will not be covered for replacement or repairs.. On another note?? How would they even know if SCAL caused the problem unless you told them you have SCAL>>>>LOL.. I sure wouldn't..
lynne

Post by lynne »

People are silly sometimes & gullible (sp!) Can you imagine if my Epson printer stopped working and Epson said 'It's not covered by the warrenty as Adobe PS printed your photos and not a program we make' Honestly - sorry but people thinking that Provocraft can dictate what programs you put on your computer really bugs me (no pun intended there) As you say how on earth would they know what computer programs you have installed, unless you tell them
Lynne
craftyvegan

Post by craftyvegan »

The trial you have probably was original firmware, download the december update, scal will work just fine with the trial version. You need to uninstal the old DS before you update it, there is instructions on the cricut site. That should solve her problem. BTW scal does nothing to your cricut, it is DS that updates the machine, they have no way of knowing you used scal unless you tell them. Also if you live ina stated with an "implied warrenty law" they have to repair or replace your machine if it breaks within 4 years of purchase. That is Maine's law anyway.