Need help with repeat.

For your help and questions
ProStreet1

Need help with repeat.

Post by ProStreet1 »

Needing some help and hoping its simple for you folks. I've had my US Cutter MH721-MK2 for 4 years plus with no issues. Tonight I produce for my father in law in Photoshop, very basic black and white. Bring it in under "trace". Comes up on my grid perfect, I copy and paste several after appropriate sizing, start to cut and it repeats itself... Cuts 1, starts on 2nd, then returns to cut the original image again. I do recall this in the very beginning and there was somewhere withing setting or somewhere else and a tech talked me through it in a short time and everything has worked fine for years until tonight... Hoping someone has the answer.

Thanks in advance.
SandyMcC

Re: Need help with repeat.

Post by SandyMcC »

Without seeing the actual file, I cannot guarantee the solution because there are several circumstances in which this can occur. For starters, delete the repeats for now. With your original tracing selected, apply Path>Union which will remove any cut lines overlapping another cut line. BUT, make sure nothing disappears that you need or gets messed up. If that happens, apply Undo to get back to your original. Note you might need to use Edit>Undo since, for some reason, the Undo button sometimes acts up. I would then recommend sending the file to me at smccauley45@cox.net and I will figure out what's up and explain.

Note that a quicker way to make copies is to use Edit>Duplicate or Ctrl+D. You can then create a grid of repeats with desired spacing.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
ProStreet1

Re: Need help with repeat.

Post by ProStreet1 »

Email sent with files. Thanks