New version of Inkscape

General discussion about Inkscape
AnointedHands

Re: New version of Inkscape

Post by AnointedHands »

What is pattern to path and what is the function. The only problem I have had is changing fonts...don't know what that is about.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
susibi

Post by susibi »

Pattern to Path is a way of making curious shapes.
Try this
Draw a circle
Draw a smaller circle and make it into an arc ( in version 0.46 the middle button on the top bar which appears when you click on the circle tool)
Select the smaller circle
hold down the shift key and then click on the larger circle
Effects>Generate from Path>Pattern along path
In the window that opens up choose Pattern repeated - snake - duplicate before applying
Then click on apply.
This should put your arc or circle all around the outside of the circle.
Select all Path>Object to path Path>union and you get scalloped shapes.
There is a good explanation in the user manual for this.
HTH
Susibi :D
Last edited by susibi on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearilu

Post by bearilu »

The newest version of Inkscape is out yes, but it is still being tested by users for problems. There is a woman named Bibi Morris, who knows this program every which way possible. She has been a huge presence in getting things into Inkscape. If you want to know anything about the program, she really knows it. She also gives lessons on the phone for a very reasonable fee. An hour lesson with her and you walk away with more knowledge than you thought possible. I do have her permission to give out her email address if you want to contact her at bibimorris@sbcglobal.net.

I know Susibi is really good with Inkscape also. Just seeing her files other places for another cutter is awesome.

If you run into problems with Inkscape, contact Bibi. She can get stuff done with the Inkscape developers.
susibi

Post by susibi »

Yes - Bibi was the first person I talked to about Inkscape way back in Jan 2006 - it's thanks to her son that we got the .dxf export file format for the ROBOs.
The 0.46 is the stable version - I tried the pre-testing 0.3 and this is definitely something else, plus some of the bits that were missing have now been added.
Susibi :D