Can someone cut something for me please?

For your help and questions
aperez

Can someone cut something for me please?

Post by aperez »

Can someone kindly cut a dingbat with fine details (maybe an ornament of some sort) but cut it very small, no more than 3/4" in length/width?

I don't have SCAL yet but I would really love to purchase it if someone is able to successfully cut a small detailed item for me to let me know if it works.

On vellum paper or thin paper would be great!

Thanks in advance!!!
Beanie

Re: Can someone cut something for me please?

Post by Beanie »

I don't think it will cut that much detail that small can CDS do it?
aperez wrote:Can someone kindly cut a dingbat with fine details (maybe an ornament of some sort) but cut it very small, no more than 3/4" in length/width?

I don't have SCAL yet but I would really love to purchase it if someone is able to successfully cut a small detailed item for me to let me know if it works.

On vellum paper or thin paper would be great!

Thanks in advance!!!
Beanie ~~Been There Done That~~
NELS

Post by NELS »

OK, call me crazy but here is a picture of what I cut to see how it would work. I have cut Jasmine font (I have seen on the Cricut board where others have had problems cutting Jasmine) with my baby bug and it has worked and so I thought why not try this. I am actually thankful that a I did. When making these cuts I noticed I didn't even have my blade housing tool on tight. I cut some things yesterday... big flowers and wondered why they didn't match up.. NOw I know.. I tightned it and it made these cuts in the picture.I didn't use thin paper .. sorry if that makes a difference. I cut the Easter Blessings using Antique font and it cut nice but i think it is 1 or 1/2 inches but it is intricate... hope this helps some..
Attachments
This is a picture of the Anique font and it is pretty detailed... I can't remember the size..
This is a picture of the Anique font and it is pretty detailed... I can't remember the size..
HPIM1693.JPG (97.77 KiB) Viewed 3402 times
HPIM1705.JPG
HPIM1705.JPG (44.4 KiB) Viewed 3402 times
aperez

Post by aperez »

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Thanks so much!

I will post my 'project' once I get it done....

hugs hugs hugs

annie
aperez

Post by aperez »

NELS are those sunglasses beside the pink ribbon or bra? LOL

It's so tiny but it cut it good eh?

hugs again
NELS

Post by NELS »

You know they do look like sunglasses (I was thinking that too)but actuall they is the paranthesis from the anitique font that I have on my computer... I should try and cut them bigger and see if they still look like sunglasses.. too funny,. I thought if I can cut that as small as it is then I can cut about anything.. I did try cutting something small with vellum and it cut but not the best.. I did have it smaller than 3/4 inch.
aperez

Post by aperez »

thanks again so much for trying!
aperez

Post by aperez »

I did it!

I took the plunge and bought SCAL. I wish I have more time to play with it. I bought SCAL so I can cut small detailed images using ceramic colour transfer sheets (they're decal sheets with ceramic inks on it). I then take the cut image, lay it on either ceramic or porcelain tile/cabochon then kiln fire it to fuse. I intend on making jewelry pendants and sell them on my etsy shop :)

It cuts well, but due to the small size that I need (less than 1") with the level of detail I want, I'd have to do some serious photoshopping of the image because the very VERY VERY small cuts are hard to apply on the tile.

Sorry the pic is blurry. But I wanted to share another way to use SCAL and cricut :)

Thanks to Nels for doing the trial cut for me!

Hugs
Attachments
I hope it's recognizable but this is a negative image of Marilyn Monroe.
I hope it's recognizable but this is a negative image of Marilyn Monroe.
mm 001.jpg (98.97 KiB) Viewed 3132 times
kkrewtea

Post by kkrewtea »

WOW! That cool!

Shirl
NELS

Post by NELS »

That is really great. I thought it could be done, but like you said not always. I am glad it worked for you. SCAL is a great program and I'm sure there are so many possibilities..