Export or Save as SVG

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
savnrmemries

Export or Save as SVG

Post by savnrmemries »

I would love to be able to take an SCUT file that I made and import it inkscape. Would love to see a feature to export to SVG or save as SVG in SCA. Anyone else?
kkrewtea

Re: Export or Save as SVG

Post by kkrewtea »

ME TOO!!!

Shirl
imsocrafty

Post by imsocrafty »

What good would this do?
If we could save/export as an SVG file, possibly, then, we wouldn't need to open or install a font that was used in a project. Or if we're sharing a file, then that person wouldn't need to also download the font/dingbat that we used. Maybe... I'm not sure. :? I'm an Inkscape idiot (I freely admit it!), so it makes it a little more complicated to share files that I've made.
jancy

Post by jancy »

imsocrafty wrote:
What good would this do?
If we could save/export as an SVG file, possibly, then, we wouldn't need to open or install a font that was used in a project. Or if we're sharing a file, then that person wouldn't need to also download the font/dingbat that we used. Maybe... I'm not sure. :? I'm an Inkscape idiot (I freely admit it!), so it makes it a little more complicated to share files that I've made.
unless that file/font is traced somehow, the font would still be needed.

I don't think exporting svg files is needed, but to be able to trace & manipulate the image would be a great feature in SCAL.

I don't understand why exporting an svg would be necessary.
susibi

Post by susibi »

this is not exactly a piece of cake for any software developer - the ability to save as .svg refers to vector graphic programs and not all of them have that possibility.
Take a screen shot of your SCUT file, and save as .jpeg, import it to Inkscape fill with solid colour and use the trace bitmap function ( Path>trace bitmap) then save the outline as .svg.
Susibi :D
sboz

Post by sboz »

Susibi,

Warning! Dummy Inkscape question coming.............

How do you "fill with color" in Inkscape?

Shari
Bug Safe: http://www.pbase.com/bugsafe/inbox
My Blog - "The Bug Stop" - where you can find my .cut files:
http://thebugstop.blogspot.com/
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

To fill a shape with color in Inkscape, just select the shape (should use the first icon so you will have arrows, not nodes) and then click on the color you want from the colors in the bottom of the screen.

If you want to use gradients, you have to go to the Properties box and choose gradient.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...