Where do you download images

General discussion about scrapbooking
clnewberry1

Where do you download images

Post by clnewberry1 »

I haven't yet purchased the software. I do want to purchase it but... I can't design my own images. One of the things I liked about the cricut was that the cartridges already have images - just not very many. Is there a seperate program that I can buy with clip art or images on it? I see there are some available to download but I wanted a bunch of things. Any help would be appreciated.

Also do you need to dowload inkscape to use this software? I am not sure what inkscape would be used for.

Thanks!!
Crystal
Tingha Treasures

Re: Where do you download images

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Hi there and welcome
There are 100's of free svg files here and on other websites that you can use in Sure Cuts Alot
some are free others a few dollars for what you pay big $s for on the cartridges.

You dont need Inkscape unless you need to modify the svg files. Some people group cutting files together in one svg, so by taking it into Inkscape (which is free software) you can ungroup and use the part of the svg file you want.

Feel free to ask anymore ? we are a friendly group

Cheers
clnewberry1

Post by clnewberry1 »

What other sites or places am I able to download images?

I did a search for SCAL and got a bunch of reviews or places actually selling the software.
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

Go to Google and type in free svg images or name the specific thing you want like "tiger svg" and see if that helps. Anyone on this forum would probably make what you want for you but take the time to learn Inkscape and the sky is the limit on what you can cut.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

THe first thing you probably want to look at is dingbat fonts. There are thousands of them on just about any theme imaginable. Many people never have to look further than that for their images.

As far as separate images, my blog has several listings that are representative of things you can download for free and cut. You are looking for SVG files (may or may not be ready to cut) or SCUT files (ready to cut), by the way, so that might help in your search.

My blog
http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com

Also, try this link
http://everythingcricutplus.blogspot.co ... s-for.html
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

There are also tons of files here in this forum in the SVG folder.