Learning and needing a bit of guidance

Common questions/answers for new users
ukracer

Re: Learning and needing a bit of guidance

Post by ukracer »

papasue wrote:Perhaps if you would say which OS, cutter and what version of SCAL you are using someone with the exact configuration could help you. There are so many configs now that this info is really necessary, or you could contact support@craftedge.com who would ask for the same info.
Thanks for the reply.

I have already spoken to SCAL about some of my queries and the outcome was that I need to pay for the pro version as some of the cutters will work for contour cutting but some will not. ;( I actually have a LIYU HF, which is essential the same baud rates etc as the US cutter SC. Except its a servo motor cutter as opposed to a stepper motor so its more accurate and quieter and will do multipass.

I am not sure how or why they have done this but all it means is that I no longer recommend SCAL to my customers most of whom have LIYU cutters. Their loss not mine to be fair.

However I did expect to be able to import an EPS I am trying to see how complex it will be to cut. I will cut it from SIGNCUT when I get back home tommorow but I was trying to complete a quote.

Out of interest I have SCAL 3.053 and running on windows 7 64 bit but that should not have any impact on loading the EPS surely it should load or not. I just wondered if this was a feature for the PRO version?? I also found it strange the forum software does NOT allow and EPS to be uploaded. especially as its a graphics related forum .lol

Thanks for the reply though.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Learning and needing a bit of guidance

Post by HeatherM »

I was able to bring an EPS file into the regular version of SCAL3. You need to Import it or use the SVG button rather than File/Open. HTH

BTW: Using EPS in SCAL is a newer feature so if you have an older version of SCAL3 and don't have this option you should update your SCAL3.