How to tell font used in project

For your help and questions
snrcpa

How to tell font used in project

Post by snrcpa »

I created a file with a name in it and want to repeat it with a different name. I can't remember the font I used and can't tell from the project. Can someone tell me if there is a way to find the font used in a project. I am using SCAL2.

Thanks

Sherry
papasue

Re: How to tell font used in project

Post by papasue »

Sherry,

I am assuming that you are using SCAL. Here's how to find the font you used.

Open the file that has the font you used.
Select the text
In the Properties panel it will show you the name of the font used to create the text.
What font.png
What font.png (65.1 KiB) Viewed 4674 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
snrcpa

Post by snrcpa »

I am using SCAL 2. When I select the text I get the appearance and position properties box but not the text box. When I work on a project, the text box will appear in the properties box until I cut it one time. Once I cut it goes away from the properties window. Do you know how to get it back?
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

never used 2 but check under view or window and see if there is anything there like toolbars or such that may show it again.

or maybe type textbox into the help.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

You sometimes have to click back on the text tool to get the appearance window to show up again but often the problem is that the text has been welded or something such that it is no longer "text" as far as SCAL is concerned.
A workaround we used to use in the early SCAL days was to open a duplicate of the .scut file in a text editor like notepad or textedit and search for the word "font" then look near there for a font name you recognize.