need help please Break Apart Image

hairco

need help please Break Apart Image

Post by hairco »

I want to make this but i don't know how to remove the letters so i can put my on it.Can some remove the monagram for me.I know you can get the southcarolina palmtree in victorThanks
monogramplate.png
monogramplate.png (179.67 KiB) Viewed 5204 times
wynnepam

Re: need help please

Post by wynnepam »

We cant see it. The picture is too big. Please make it smaller.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, I made the picture smaller so it could be seen. What exactly do you want removed...just the C in the middle of the curly flourish or everything except the stem of the glass?

I think the monogram is all one piece from a font so all you would have to do is find the font and make your own. The stem is a rectangle with an oval welded to the bottom.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Just some tips:

1. It always helps if you give the "subject" a more specific name so it helps when others use the "search" feature. For instance, this could be called "Letter C Tree style monogram".
2. Try taking your pictures into photo editing software....there are many free ones if you don't have one...and reduce the image size so your picture can be seen more clearly.

I needed a challenge as I haven't had time lately, so here is what I came up with. I used Inkscape so I could clean up some of the jagged nodes and make the circle for the letter E a little bigger for cutting. I didn't do the half moon...not sure if you wanted that...but you can easily use a basic shape to do that.

Hope this works for you.

P.S. See you did reduce picture size. I must have been working on this at the time. Good going.
Attachments
Monogram.svg
(34.41 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Monogram.png
Monogram.png (11.67 KiB) Viewed 5199 times
Sandy in PA
hairco

Post by hairco »

The picture on the plate is the South Carolina Palm tree.What someone did was they removed the top of the tree & put their monogram initial on top of the tree trunk. I will try to send you a SC PALM TREE.I just want to to remove the top of the tree so i can put my initial on top.
Attachments
palmetto_tree.gif
palmetto_tree.gif (11.16 KiB) Viewed 5183 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

Is that all you wanted..... I did it in Inkscape but you can do it in SCAL or eCAL so long as your SCAL is a later version.

See attached svg file
Attachments
HAIRCOTREE.svg
(4.2 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
hairco

Post by hairco »

Thanks so much papasue how did u do that ? I have inscape.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I did a stepbystep instruction for Inkscape. I hope I got everything in. But if you are at all familiar with Inkscape it should do the trick for you. Let me know if you run into trouble.
Howto Cut apartPS.jpg
Howto Cut apartPS.jpg (57.1 KiB) Viewed 5146 times
Susan E

eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: need help please Break Apart Image

Post by sstehman »

Guess I didn't read your post correctly. I thought you wanted the whole image as an svg :lol: :lol: :lol: It was fun working on it though. Haven't had a challenge in awhile. Papasue to the rescue.
Sandy in PA
papasue

Re: need help please Break Apart Image

Post by papasue »

Sandy, it took a while to get the info for what she really wanted. After I did it she wanted to know how, but she hasn't been back to say anything but I hope the instruction is helpful to someone.

Relieved to see you and hope you and your neighbors weathered the storm and the aftermath.

Regards
Susan E

eClips2.