Need help in converting *studio file to *svg

For your help and questions
vontinney

Need help in converting *studio file to *svg

Post by vontinney »

I have Inkscape and have tried to open the .studio file (posted here: http://www.scrapbookcircle.com/2012/10/ ... rintable-2 (scroll to the bottom...she has a cut file link). I keep getting an error opening it...does anyone have any suggestions? I would LOVE to be able to use this file! (with Scal3, of course! :D )

TIA!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Need help in converting *studio file to *svg

Post by sstehman »

These would be really easy for you to make right in SCAL using basic shapes and some fonts. You might want to give that a try.
Sandy in PA
vontinney

Post by vontinney »

Well I *thought* converting would be an easy task but I was up till 3am struggling...between my computer issues (Vista with no snipping tools) and the process itself I ended up with nothing so I think I will be creating them myself...I just really love some of the designs they have on the Silhouette site and would love to be able to use them but the conversion process is a pain. (I don't usually make my own files (too lazy I guess) but I may be starting.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

What machine do you have? If you have a Cameo, you can use their basic design software for free. I use it for all my print and cuts.
vontinney

Post by vontinney »

Pazzles Inspiration...I have downloaded their software...the tutorial I found said I needed it. But after hours of trying to clip the image I discovered my computer wont clip because I have stupid Vista Home Premium...it went downhill from there. I may play with it later.
mommyshome

Post by mommyshome »

I was able to make it useable with the snipping tool but I agree, this particular file was very simple and would be easy to recreate or recreate something similar using just the basics. Do you have access to another computer that you could use the snipping tool? Maybe there is a site that can do screenshots, I know there used to be.
My files are for personal use only. Please do not sell my files or items made from my files. Thanks.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

There is no need to use the snipping tool for the image. All you need to do to save the image is right click on the one that you want and select the "save image" option. Also, if you want to cut the words it would be better to select a stencil style font or you will either have letters without centers (e, A, P, O, D) or need to glue back in.

These files really are extremely simple, you should be able to just use basic shapes. Basic shapes will probably have less nodes and cut faster/cleaner than a trace. HTH
mommyshome

Post by mommyshome »

When you right click in Silhouette it doesn't give you the option to save image.
My files are for personal use only. Please do not sell my files or items made from my files. Thanks.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Right click on the image in the blog. Some blogs/websites don't allow right click, but this one does.
mommyshome

Post by mommyshome »

OMGOSH!!!! That's so funny that I was trying to do it on the download and never once thought to do it the easy way. DUH!!!! I'm such a ditz.