lost serial number

For your help and questions
nannybo

lost serial number

Post by nannybo »

I had to redo my computer. I accidentally deleted my serial number so when I re down load my program it is coming up trial has ended and ctting lines through my designs. I contact craft edge and they are trying to charge me 35.00 for another. I contacted punkin patch and so far no answer. Anyone with suggestions.
gj1

Re: lost serial number

Post by gj1 »

This is really just between you and where you bought it and CE, now. It is not for me to say anything more about it.
Proof of ownership is required.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
nannybo

Post by nannybo »

Thank you any way got it resolved but is still cutting lines. I just asked for a suggest on how I could resolve this issue and wondered if anyone else had this problem. Not trying to involve a lot of people. I should didn't expect such a negative response. I thought this was a forum to help newbies. Sorry

I have contacted CE on your behalf (I am a moderator here) asking them to contact you directly. I would assume that they will do so soon, (since you are a forum member they have your email addy) or will PM you soon.

Please come on back and join in, sorry you felt the previous answer was not friendly or helpful.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Well, darn it...I did not mean to sound rude or unkind...just direct. The requesting member already contacted CE and was told what was required.

Why would I, or should anyone else suggest different than the software company.
I did not mean for it to be taken wrong...I guess I should have taken a second longer to say 'welcome', and 'sorry I don't know what you can do other than as you have done by contacting CE.'

I'm sorry.
papasue

Post by papasue »

nannybo wrote:Thank you any way got it resolved but is still cutting lines. I just asked for a suggest on how I could resolve this issue and wondered if anyone else had this problem. Not trying to involve a lot of people. I should didn't expect such a negative response. I thought this was a forum to help newbies. Sorry

I have contacted CE on your behalf (I am a moderator here) asking them to contact you directly. I would assume that they will do so soon, (since you are a forum member they have your email addy) or will PM you soon.

Please come on back and join in, sorry you felt the previous answer was not friendly or helpful.
Hi, I contacted CE on your behalf and received a reply saying that they had emailed you an answer.

Short answer is that if you did not register your software through the CE site you need to go back to the distributor and get the serial number as it would have been on your receipt or in the pkg with the disk.

I'm sorry this is most likely not the answer you were seeking but CE does not have your serial number on file...only the vendor who sold it to you would have it. I hope you will able to resolve your problem soon, and come back and play with us.

ONE THOUGHT

if you have your disc for SCAL and have reinstalled and launch the program, then if you go to the "about SCAL" or whatever your computer says the serial number should be there. If you find it you then log in to CrafteEdge.com and then select ACTIVATION and register with your serial number.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jendryden

Post by jendryden »

gj1 wrote:Well, darn it...I did not mean to sound rude or unkind...just direct. The requesting member already contacted CE and was told what was required.

Why would I, or should anyone else suggest different than the software company.
I did not mean for it to be taken wrong...I guess I should have taken a second longer to say 'welcome', and 'sorry I don't know what you can do other than as you have done by contacting CE.'

I'm sorry.
I didn't think you were rude at all but I did think your response was quite appropriate.
Jen
nannybo

Post by nannybo »

sorry just frustrated with this. re downloaded and need number but it is still cutting lines. I surely didn't mean to get this started. Apologies for everyone.
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

I think there is a lesson to be learned for everyone in this thread..

When you buy software these days it is increasingly a case that what you are ACTUALLY buying is a licence not the software, the serial number is what you are buying and it is your responsibility to keep that information secure.

Craft Edge are better than most in this respect, should you have registered the purchase with them then the website would have been able to provide the lost licence number quickly and effectively, there are MANY companies which will NOT do this and if you forget/ loose it you have lost it for good end of story.

I am sorry if it offends, but honestly I think it would be very wrong to try to lay the blame for a lost serial number at Craft Edges doorstep especially if the purchase was not registered - how can they possibly now confirm that you have actually paid for it and are not simply someone trying to get a free copy? While this type of thing may appear far fetched to those of us who are honest the internet is a collection of billions of people and it should not come as any surprise that a large number of those will do absolutely anything to get something for free!

I think it is very wise to keep a printed copy of details such as this, it really does not take 2 minutes to print out or photocopy the email/ documentation that has the number and file this safely away for the future. I still have hard copies of serial numbers for software I bought nearly 20 years ago stashed in my small filing cabinet.
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
gj1

Post by gj1 »

It is okay...I should start again and just say welcome, and I hope you can resolve your situation. Cut lines usually mean you are in trial mode...meaning it is not actually activated.

http://craftedge.com/activation/activate.html

You can go here to try to do that, and you can read the various FAQ's about getting started.

http://craftedge.com/support/faq/faq.html

Hope you are up and cutting soon. Let us know how it is going.