Help with cutting a vinyl project

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
jrasmusson

Help with cutting a vinyl project

Post by jrasmusson »

Hello everyone, the things you can do are amazing. I started a project, and have come up with a design to put on a bicycle but it is way to complex to do with paint, and I am hoping that someone here can help me cut it in vinyl. I only need one, and everywhere I have gone wont even bother with such task.
Its basically a 3.5" x 20" rectangle covered in words, of different size, different font, and in white. (nothing vulgar) Everywhere I have gone I have been told its impossible to cut in vinyl, EXCEPT for those with this particular sure cuts a lot software. (I dont have this equipment or software) Can someone please get in touch with me so we can work out something out? I would really appreciate ANYONES help!

Thanks much..
A stuck guy in Olympia Washington
Jay
papasue

Re: Help with cutting a vinyl project

Post by papasue »

Jay, a bit of clarification please.

It appears that you are looking for someone to cut the design for you and then mail you the product? Is that correct?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

The way this is posted?? I wasn't sure if this was even an authentic post... Can you please clear us up on this one?? What it is you are asking???
TheLadyWolf
Location: Washington, SAHM, Cricut Expression, SCAL 2.0, Savvy with Inkscape and creating new SVGs

Post by TheLadyWolf »

Yeah, I would like some clarification too... I live in Olympia too, and I do have the equipment. Except one thing -- My mat is only 12x12. I do not know how to do 20 inches unless you can divide it in half. Or willing to buy 12x24 mat....
jrasmusson

Post by jrasmusson »

here is my design
the dimensions are 3>5" x 20" long
Attachments
Inspiration.jpg
Inspiration.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 6172 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

If I were you I'd buy her a 12x24 mat, in addition to her fee. She is as good as you will find. :lol:

I hope to see the final project.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I like those words all together like that. This could be neat for just a big wall art...I am glad you have shared this with us.
Hope you can get what you want made. And, yes, please do show us the finished product picture.
jrasmusson

Post by jrasmusson »

Sorry it took all day to respond, for some reason, I posted my phone number yesterday, and I got banned for a day?! I dont know, but maybe the admins thought I was just a troll, I'm not sure.

If someone is willing to try this that would be fantastic! This design is actually only 3 1/2" wide, by 20" long, so it could be cut in two, and done on an 8 1/2 x 11.. That would be fine too! At this point, I dont mind having to buy a mat, just as long as it can be done. I'm starting to get frustrated that I keep getting told it CANT happen?! :? But then again I tend to get a little over ambitious on projects, and this might be just one of those times?!? hahaha..

Thanks for looking at it, and I hope to hear some good news from someone soon.
jrasmusson

Post by jrasmusson »

I will definately post pictures once I get a finished product! I would love for someone to cut this for me, since I do not have the capabilities. I am hoping someone can get in touch with me to see what can be done to make this happen. Thank you.

Jay
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I apologize, I was concerned by the wording and phone number and did ban for a day. Was thinking you would post again if legit. Hope someone can help you out with this.
Sandy in PA