Overcut and Offset

For your help and questions
southerncake

Overcut and Offset

Post by southerncake »

Can someone explain these two things to me? What they mean, how to use them properly, etc.? I've searched and searched and can't really find what I'm looking for.

I bought a new Pazzles on Friday and have wasted so much vinyl trying to cut properly. My cuts aren't completing - leaving a little tab of vinyl attached to what I need to weed away. It looks very sloopy!

After a little searching, I think I've found that these 2 settings can help with this, but I'm not really sure what to set them to.

I could definitely use some help from some vinyl cutting (and/or Pazzles) experts!!

Thanks in advance!!
gj1

Re: Overcut and Offset

Post by gj1 »

What I see is that with text the one raises & lowers the text and the other makes it larger or smaller. I know that when you type on path in a circle the one that raises and lowers is sometimes what is need to make the text look right and the size helps it fit the circle better as needed.

Something makes me think that if you export the .svg for a new one from scal it might solve the problem...

BTT though for someone who really knows the scoop on this.
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

Here is what I remember seeing in the past the forum but this on the wishlist for the software: (I searched for overcut)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19142&p=82948&hilit=overcut#p82948

The overcut feature equals blade offset.... so I would think you may need to tweek a bit with your machine.

I do not know what offset is in the scal software, but Offset in inkscape means you parallel your shape.
dreamer3d

Post by dreamer3d »

I too have been having problems with my shapes not completing. I just opened my pazzles and have been testing it with my Mac and SCAL for the last 30 mins, using copy paper, and nothing will complete a cut properly.

Did anyone find a solution for this? It's kind of useless without making decent cuts...
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You should contact Support at CE.

http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html