help getting error cartridge not found

For your help and questions
jshima

help getting error cartridge not found

Post by jshima »

Today when I turned on my cricut it started up fine, then said cartridge not found please insert cartridge... i have tried installing the cartridge i own.. i have three and get the same message everytime. sure cuts alot still is working, and cutting just fine, so this appears to just be a problem with the cricut itself.. does anyone have any ideas and how to fix this, is there a restore button or something on the cricut I could try?
Deloris

Re: help getting error cartridge not found

Post by Deloris »

Here's how to reset your Cricut:

1. Make sure your Cricut is turned off with no cartridge loaded.
2. Turn your Cricut on with no cartridge loaded.
3. Roll the three dials ("speed", "pressure" and "size") on your Cricut down to their lowest setting.
4. Roll the "speed" dial all the way up to it's highest setting, and then roll it down to it's lowest setting. Do this three times.
5. Roll the "pressure" dial all the way up to it's highest setting, and then roll it down to it's lowest setting. Do this three times.
6. Roll the "size" dial all the way up to it's highest setting, and then roll it down to it's lowest setting. Do this three times.
7. Now, press the "Cut" button.
8. Grasp the blade housing and slide out of the way.
9. Press the red button behind it. Hold for 3 seconds.
10. Turn your Cricut off.
11. Let your Cricut set for about 10 seconds.
12. Turn your Cricut on, insert a mat with paper on it and insert any cartridge.
13. Make a cut.
jshima

Post by jshima »

ok I tried that.. still only reading the george cart... I dont own the george cart, I have plantin schoolbook in the machine and when i press something on the keypad its reading George... anyone else have any ideas what is going on?
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Seems like it's stuck on that cartridge.

Try downloading the latest Cricut firmware using Design Studio.

Then do the reset steps again.

Maybe that will clear the George cartridge from your Cricut's memory.