Confessions of SVG hoarder

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
mjtc923

Confessions of SVG hoarder

Post by mjtc923 »

1. I just downloaded the irfanview program and have over 20,000 SVG files....... wow, Not counting all my cricuit files from the cricuit forum.
2. I spend A LOT of TIME on my computer. I have been doing this for the past 2 years.(my butt has gotten rather large)
3. I have to find somethig I can turn into an SVG at least 8 times a day. If I can't find anything I search for free digi stamps.
4. I get no crafting done b/c I am saving files to use LATER!
5. I hate to clean house! but my scrapbook room is always clean :-) (ok thats a plus)
6. I save all kinds of images so when I go to work I can turn them into SVG files because I can't use the internet for crafting at work.(I do get work done).
7. My husband travels for his job and I have no idea where he is at this week(Possibly Miami) when I ask him he gets mad and says I never listen. (so I dont ask) I figure if I ask about the weather I get a general idea.
8.Today is my day off it is 2:37 PM and I have not gotten dressed yet.
9. I have over 150 sights on my favorites and that is just for SVGs.
10. I have one friend and she just sold me all her scrapbook stuff.
11. I don't scrapbook.
:D
12. Water marks on files don't scare me.
13. I once found a sight that would give you files if you asked for them by making a comment. I felt bad asking for all her files, so I made up 12 addresses in different names. I DID thank her ALL THE TIME
14 I downloaded a trial version of a new cutting software system and taught my self how to turn them into SVG files.

Please don't hate me it's a sickness! :lol:
Last edited by mjtc923 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rosie0530

Re: Confessions of SVG hoarder

Post by Rosie0530 »

THis is hilarious!

TOASTER

Post by TOASTER »

I love your post! I don't hoard svg's but I love paper! I have more paper than I will ever use but if I see a great deal on paper I get it. I haven't scrapped much lately either although I have made some cards (I have to justify buying the paper!). I think we are like most crafters.
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

What a hoot. Please add to the list -- I hunt for every discount coupon and clip them out first before the grocery store coupons. Scrapbooking before food.
Sandy in PA
maureen59

Post by maureen59 »

How funny, you should put this on a tile or your craftroom wall! Maybe you should get your hubby to take up crafting, then you will know where he is lol.
Happy crafting :D

Maureen
Maureen
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Great post. It made me LOL. I can totally relate. My son is a computer geek and he cringes when he comes home and sees my computer cluttered with svgs and digi-kits. He added some extra ram for me. He wonders why I collect digi-kits if I don't use them. If they only knew what goes on in the mind of a hoarder! Don't even get me started on the mess I've made of my svg files. They need to be reorganized and I don't know where to start. If this computer crashes (knock wood that it doesn't), I'm going to need to serious therapy. I do back up every now and then, but not as often as I should. I don't scrap either anymore, but you should see the stuff I have and I won't get rid of it just in case I want to do it again. I have two Cricuts (just in case). I think I better to wash the dishes.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I had to buy a large gb external harddrive because my laptop was getting so cluttered.. Thanks for the laugh..LOL
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

He who dies with the most files WINS!!!!!!!
Jan
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

my scrap file has 4,939 files and 227 folders! taking up 1.23 GB.

Right now I am losing the battle of most files. LOL LOL LOL.

I completely understand the obsession.

But I have stopped DL-ing EVERY file I come across. I know I can always find another image....
mamajo

Post by mamajo »

Hubby just came and sat by me while I was reading this and got quite a kick out of #4.
He had to leave the room:(