For your help and questions
christine154

Gazelle by Bosskut ??

Post by christine154 »

can scal be used with Gazelle by Bosskut does anybody know
AnointedHands

Re: Gazelle by Bosskut ??

Post by AnointedHands »

I used it once but that was before all the updates. It might be easier with all the updates made my Craftedge. I have the Gazelle and love it much better than the Cricut and it even cuts a full 12+ inches. You don't have to worry about all the drama cuz you are using a different software instead of the original software that comes with the cutter. And it is well supported on the forum if you have problems.
In short, I love it.
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
linann

Post by linann »

You can't go wrong with the Gazelle. Terrific machine and the support is outstanding. You will not see any negative posts about Gazelle, and I think that says it all!!!
momoftwins

Post by momoftwins »

What's the largest size mats that can be used with the Gazelle? Does it go up to the 12x24 like the Cricut? I would LOVE to find a replacement for my "hunk-of-junk" expression! What is a good price to pay for the Gazelle?
linann

Post by linann »

momoftwins wrote:What's the largest size mats that can be used with the Gazelle? Does it go up to the 12x24 like the Cricut? I would LOVE to find a replacement for my "hunk-of-junk" expression! What is a good price to pay for the Gazelle?
Yes, the Gazelle cuts 12x24 like the Circut. It's actually a 13-inch wide mat, and cuts a true 12x12 or 12x24. I've yet to see anyone selling their Gazelle, but you can check out eBay. I bought mine new, during a sale directly from BossKut. I'm with you, I could care less about PC products right now. If I had to loose a machine, the PC machine would certainly go over the Gazelle. You can call them directly, and the actual owners will talk to you!!! They are just wonderful. The Gazelle cuts everything even wood. It's one powerful machine. It slices through regular chipboard, not cereal boxes, I'm talking real chipboard like butter. I have the embossing mat and blade, metal etching blade, and use my piercing tool for doing needle punch design. Check out youtube and watch some of the videos. Unlike PC, they jump right in and encourage experimentation.

When the Cake was released, they were the first to encourage owners and allow exchange of results on the board. Now, some are against cutting food product with their machines, I have a Cake, but I'm not one of those people. It makes no sense at all that you cannot use the same machine on paper and food. Just so you keep it clean. Another one of PC's scare tactics to steer people away from using their expressions to cut food items, selling more Cake machines. After all, who knows who's handled the bag the flour or bag of sugar, the wrapper on the butter, and the list goes on. Yet, you still use these food products. It's common sense.

I could just keep going, but will end here. It's up to you to make the dicision. I'm just giving you my experience, and answering your questions. Don't forget to update us on your decision.
walldecor

Post by walldecor »

THANK you for the input! I am definitely trying out a Gazelle - purchasing right now - I found one on Ebay for $329. I have spent HOURS experimenting with my Expressions - yes, multiple ones - trying to get them to work properly. I have even gotten 2 replacements but the new ones are worse than the used ones. SO GLAD I found something else to try. Hopefully there will be an easy switch-over with SCAL from the Expression to the Gazelle. I like the idea of not redoing all my files!
linann

Post by linann »

walldecor wrote:THANK you for the input! I am definitely trying out a Gazelle - purchasing right now - I found one on Ebay for $329. I have spent HOURS experimenting with my Expressions - yes, multiple ones - trying to get them to work properly. I have even gotten 2 replacements but the new ones are worse than the used ones. SO GLAD I found something else to try. Hopefully there will be an easy switch-over with SCAL from the Expression to the Gazelle. I like the idea of not redoing all my files!
So happy for you, and you got a great deal!
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

From what I've read you can cut a length up to 80" so I guess you would have to use multiple mats. That's waht i was going to do if I had needed more length.

HTH
Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
eprosser917

Post by eprosser917 »

Okay like so many others I am researching new cutters and this is going to sound very stupid but I love the stuff i've found so far about the gazelle esp. for the price and was just wondering if i will still be able to use all my svg files i have collected from so many of you wonderful crafters that share so openly!!
lylacfey

Post by lylacfey »

Yes, you can still use all your SVG files. No worries. Funtime, at the moment, does not import SVG. Funtime is the native software that comes with the Gazelle. You can use MTC, SCAL, Illustrator, Inkscape with the Gazelle. Funtime is just what ships with the machine. I read yesterday on the forum that Gazelle will have a SVG importer soon. They are testing it right now. I am thinking in the next couple of months or sooner. What I have noticed sooner seems to be BossKut's middle name when it comes to features. That's a really good thing.