Graphically Speaking Cartridge

For your help and questions
scrappindeb

Graphically Speaking Cartridge

Post by scrappindeb »

I have just bought Graphically Speaking Cricut Cartridge (couldn't help myself)hehe, and am wondering if it is going to make me update firmware to use it and if I do, then can I still use SCAL?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Scrappindeb

Have SCAL 2.044, Cricut Expression
chiddy

Re: Graphically Speaking Cartridge

Post by chiddy »

I would suggest just waiting until PC releases the update to Design Studio for the new cartridges, then just installing the portion of the update that contains the carts, rather than the DS firmware. That's what I did when the Solutions and Pooh carts update came out, and I'm still able to use SCAL and DS. A partial update to not disable SCAL can probably be done if/when the need ever arises.
scrappindeb

Post by scrappindeb »

chiddy wrote:I would suggest just waiting until PC releases the update to Design Studio for the new cartridges, then just installing the portion of the update that contains the carts, rather than the DS firmware. That's what I did when the Solutions and Pooh carts update came out, and I'm still able to use SCAL and DS. A partial update to not disable SCAL can probably be done if/when the need ever arises.
How do I know PC releases the update to DS for the new cartridges? Is it on their front page of their website?
Scrappindeb

Have SCAL 2.044, Cricut Expression
lowcarbgirl

Post by lowcarbgirl »

Graphically speaking and Storybook are both going to require an update IF you want to use them in the design studio but that update is not ready yet....

I have both graphically speaking and storybook and have used them just as cartridges and they have worked fine without any updates (so far.)

I have not updated my filmware and won't.