Going to a Crop to demonstrate SCAL!

Tips, Tricks and Tutorials for using Sure Cuts A Lot
talanhart

Going to a Crop to demonstrate SCAL!

Post by talanhart »

I am going to a crop this Saturday to demonstrate SCAL. I'm sure not everybody at the Crop will be interested, so I am thinking that I will start off with the fonts, shadow, blackout, shapes and importing SVG files and then just tell them all the other things that it can do without demonstrating. I was working with the program the other night and I wrote down 4 pages of notes. It would probably take me over an hour to demonstrate everything I wrote down and I don't want to drag this out. Do you think highlighting these 5 things will be enough to sell these people on SCAL?
Todd
pastda3

Re: Going to a Crop to demonstrate SCAL!

Post by pastda3 »

How cool Alan. I wouldn't even know where to begin. But being that I'm such a visual person, I would love to see a 3D project like a box from start to finish. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I meant TODD!!! :oops:
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

I agree 3d and a box, don't forget tis the season for buying boxes LOL for some haha
and some examples of cards, Tis the season don't ya know
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
TOASTER

Post by TOASTER »

I think being able to trace makes SCAL really versatile. That would have sold me if I didn't know the basics of Inkscape.
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

If you know how many are going to be there it would be neat if you precut the same box for all of them to decorate and keep. They could follow along with you as you put yours together. At a crop they would have all of the materials needed to do that.
Definitely show them the Trace function and make sure they understand they do not have to buy cartridges!
Jan
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Sweet idea Jan also how many free svg are floating in cyber space
and the designer ones that are out there that can be had so cheaply

Damn Morry he has some big guy on his show today that has my name and I keep hearing my name ....Darcy....Darcy....Darcy It is making me crazy
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

There is a Scrapbooking event this weekend at the Birch Run Expo Center. http://www.greatscrapbookevents.com/eve ... .asp?ID=66 It looks like it's going to be pretty big. I was hoping to go on Friday night since I have to be in Cadillac on Saturday which is in the opposite direction. I am checking out the times and they are only open for shopping until 6:00 on a Friday night. That doesn't give people very much time if they were to plan on going after work. I wouldn't be able to get there till around 5:30, so I guess I won't be going this year.
Todd
kelsie94

Post by kelsie94 »

talanhart wrote:I am going to a crop this Saturday to demonstrate SCAL. I'm sure not everybody at the Crop will be interested, so I am thinking that I will start off with the fonts, shadow, blackout, shapes and importing SVG files and then just tell them all the other things that it can do without demonstrating. I was working with the program the other night and I wrote down 4 pages of notes. It would probably take me over an hour to demonstrate everything I wrote down and I don't want to drag this out. Do you think highlighting these 5 things will be enough to sell these people on SCAL?

Congratulations Todd! Having owned a scrapbook store, and hosting many classes, I think those 5 "basics" would be perfect. Any time you introduce something new many people have to 'warm up' to it in order to be sold on it. Although a 3d project would be great, I think you'd probably lose a lot of people if you make it one of the first things to do with SCAL. Perhaps the 3D project could be something down the road once they get the basics down pat. If you overwhelm them they'll think it's too complicated for them and be turned off. If you show them how easy it is to use fonts/shadow I think they'll be sold - many scrapbookers use titles on their layouts and having unlimited fonts is ideal. That's how I sold my sister and friends on it!

You'll do awesome Todd. Have a blast!
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Todd, it's too bad that you won't be able to go to the Birch Run Expo. There is one in Novi in the spring, maybe you will be able to go to that one.