Birthday Cake

wreed06

Birthday Cake

Post by wreed06 »

This one was kind of tricky. I separated it in an svg, and attached the original.
Notes about the separated:
1. The inside yellow of the flames are in red so you can see them on the white background. Don't use the insides of the flame if you don't care about that level of detail.

2. The brown icing has holes for the accents in it. If you cut the yellow icing out of white and put it under the brown icing, you'd get the white accents. Or, you can cut the yellow piece out of brown paper only and not have the accents or draw them by hand.

3. Draw the wicks by hand if you want them at all.
Attachments
birthdaycake.png
birthdaycake.png (17.46 KiB) Viewed 7368 times
birthdaycakeseparated.svg
(51.17 KiB) Downloaded 909 times
birthday_cake.svg
(32.4 KiB) Downloaded 729 times
BJN

Re: Birthday Cake

Post by BJN »

Love the birthday cake separated .. I saved it and opened it in SCAL. the candles were on top of the cake frosting part. Do i need to save the whole cake and separate the pieces in Inkscape and then save.? Thanks for sharing the file..
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Sorry about that. Try this one. I don't quite have the hang of Inkscape - it likes to move things on me. I noticed that the chocolate cake doesn't quite have a solid line at the top. If the line cuts, you might have to finish it with an xacto knive or scissors. If it doesn't cut at all, it will have to be tweaked in Inkscape and I don't know how off the bat.

Hope this works!
Attachments
birthdaycakeseparated.svg
(30.4 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
BJN

Post by BJN »

that one looks good. I will try it later.. and let you know how it cut. Thank YOu for your trouble....
Betty
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

Oh, I did have to move some of the circles away from the edge - it seemed be causing a problem in SCAL. Just got to thinking - my change might look funny with white polka-dots on the ends. Alternatively, you could remove the white spots on the ends of the frosting, cut it, then just cut the tips of the frosting in a curved shape manually instead of having the pattern do it. Just a thought.