Sliceform Egg

ceep

Re: Sliceform Egg

Post by ceep »

An easy way to make a bunny: you would only need to change one of the largest egg pieces to be bunny shaped, just adding the head and ears, and arms... and I guess legs, but not sure where you would put them--maybe cut below and then folded up at a 90 degree angle toward the front.This bunny shape would be the side-to-side piece "no-longer-an-egg" piece. The OTHER largest egg shape would be changed to have a tail shape added. This is the back to front egg piece. Put the tail toward the back, duh :)! when you assemble it.

In fact, all these parts could be glued on after the fact.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

My 1st attempt is crumbled in the trash. I like these suggestions which are much different than I was doing. Perhaps I will try again tomorrow...thanks for the ideas :)
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Have you noticed both your egg design and the halloween design are in the Silhouette store being sold by the same designer. They must like your work.

Here is the designer. Maybe you should just call them out on it and contact the Silhouette store. At least you'll get the satisfaction of addressing it?

Alaa' K
La.La.Studio@hotmail.com
Sandy in PA
ceep

Post by ceep »

Yes, I know it's the same person.

Oh...what the heck. I guess I'll just get over it.
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

Carol, I can see how this would bug you. It's a big job creating a file, and I would find it very frustrating to see somebody making money from I file I spent a lot of time and effort on. The big question is where did her files come from? If I were you, I would watch her new offerings, and if you think others are too much like yours, I would contact her. She should at least modify them enough that they do not look like yours before she offers them for sale.
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I think I'd be annoyed too! Especially is someone is getting money for it. Don't know enough about the legalities of something like this, so I'm not sure of any recourse, but it sure doesn't seem fair. Anyway, thank you so much for the pattern. The egg is really cool. I'm hoping to find time to try it out.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

OK...I used the egg, and just added some...limbs are a bit long, but I am going to call it a success and maybe shorten them later :), and figure out where a face could be placed. The egg is so darn cool!
angel

Post by angel »

How stinking cute is that!! great work!!!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Well, I am sure the nose is toooooooo big! Have to resize that right now. Added a small slit for the tail :)
ceep

Post by ceep »

That's funny, it's totally different from how I would have done it :) Which, of course, is awesome.
(I was thinking of another circle kind of attached to the top of the egg as the head.)