Help with cutting a vinyl project

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
jrasmusson

Re: Help with cutting a vinyl project

Post by jrasmusson »

gj1 wrote:I am so happy that DogCarbon will help on this...you will get some nice results, Jay, I feel confident. One of the best on board here.
As far as I am concerned... EVERYONE is more capable then me to do this!!! I'm looking forward to seeing a cut piece!!!
hellie0h

Post by hellie0h »

You don't need a mat to cut vinyl, the vinyl backing is enough support.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

This is good news! I left that backing on my mat a bit too long after doing my project and boy did I ever have a difficult time getting it off.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

no fair gj- i didn't get to see your bike. :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

What settings do you use to cut without a mat?

gj- I've also had trouble getting the backing off. I think it depends on the stickiness of the mat. At least the has been the case for me.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
gj1

Post by gj1 »

My mat was VERY sticky...I did not want anything moving for my tile project.

I almost messed up on the placement and that would have been awful. Jay maybe better order 2 of the same for second chance if it comes to that.
jrasmusson

Post by jrasmusson »

Hello everyone! I know its been a while, however, I have had some folks come through and its appears we have a winner winner winner! I should be receiving the cutout in the next few days! I will post pictures once it arrives, and even more pictures once applied. I will give credit to everyone that has been so gracious and helpful with this project! Thanks again... and stay tuned!
jrasmusson

Post by jrasmusson »

Oh YA!!! We got it done!! I would like to thank everyone on this board that helped me with this project, and to those that gave me some advice on how to get this done. I would really like like to thank Pastda3 who was the first to jump in and take a stab at this challenge... :D Thank you so much for the effort you put into making this work for me. I would also like to thank Dogcarbon for producing two exact copies of what I was looking for! 8-) Apparently this task was more of a challenge than I anticipated, :shock: and yet, here we are, with a completed frame!!! Thank you so much you guys for the hard work, and I'll tell you what, next time... the design wont be so hard to weed!!

This is just the frame, I have yet to clear coat the bike, and put it together, but you get the idea!!

Pictures for everyone to look at!
Attachments
Bike_8.JPG
Bike_8.JPG (136.14 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
Bike_7.JPG
Bike_7.JPG (133.28 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
Bike_2.JPG
Bike_2.JPG (134.7 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
gj1

Post by gj1 »

This is ABSOLUTELY very very cool!!! It looks perfect...and if possible to say...beautiful!!!...Love the color of your bike.
This is so terrific!!! What a neat idea from the beginning too, Jay...love it!!! Thanks for showing your finished project.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Thanks for the props; just sorry I couldn't go the distance. Dogcarbon did a great job for you. I am so glad that you were able to get this done. Thank you for showing the final result. It looks AWESOME!!! :D
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***