Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
gj1

Re: Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Post by gj1 »

When you open the file...look at the top and see if there are more than one page...if there are two...look on the second one and see if your file is there...just a 'maybe' thought. You might also go to the View and check Show Outlines Only and see if that reveals anything.

http://www.craftedge.com/support/support.html

http://www.craftedge.com/support/lostsw.php

Other than that...you could contact CE through the Support or Lost Software Installer forms that they provide for contact.
ms12

Post by ms12 »

I have the version 2.012 but nothing after, can you email me the update? or post here. I still cannot open up the file I need. I have downloaded, but can't see it on only this one file. I see the others and designs perfectly! Of course it's the one I NEED. I don't know why else I can't open the file other than it could be the version.
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

You can download the latest updated version for your license key at
http://www.craftedge.com/support/lostsw.php
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

Wow have I been out of touch! I am just learning about all these changes! I'm not having any issues with my SCAL2 or Cricut, using them both daily but if it comes to the point I can't use the Cricut with SCAL I have a questions for you all, I have a TON of SVGs, TON! Do the other machines cut SVG? Am I looking at having to convert my files to another format?

I'm sitting on the edge of panic and ticked off! I make a living on the crafts I am able to make with SCAL, making & creating things I would never be able to do with the cricut as is.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

btt, and show us your crafts for inspiration, please :) I would love to see them.
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

Inkscape is free and can convert files to dxf and couple if others. Svgs have been around a long time & they're pretty standard. Many cutters use svgs. Take a deep breath, there are way better cutters out there that don't have greedy idiots manufacturing them:)
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

Thanks! I'll be looking into some of the other cutters, better to be prepared right? LOL

gj1, I'll try and get my latest uploaded tonight when I get home, it's the cutest darn coffin for Halloween treats!! It's my favorite thing I've created thus far!!

Beeshive, yep know Inkscape very well, would be lost without it!! Didn't know it would save the files in other formats! I'll have to look at that! Took a quick peek at your site, very cute!! I'll have to take a look later when I have a little more time!

As for cutters....was looking at the Silhouette but it doesn't cut svg files any other suggestions?
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

I am getting a knk zing... it comes with mtc but I'm hoping I'll be able to use SCAL with it too. The lynx is pretty cool, the sil just doesn't have the oomph to cut through 85lb paper unless u do a double cut, not a good fit for me, however it DOES CUT BEAUTIFULLY.
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

Oh & thank-you btw! I just opened my SVG store too, I love svgs!
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

Looking at Craftwell ecraft now, looks ok...anyone have one?

More importantly does SCAL work with it?