Trouble

For your help and questions
NELS

Re: Trouble

Post by NELS »

I haven't done the update. In my post above I wrote that I had poblems with DSS. After I turned my computer off and unplugged the cricut and after 30 minutes started it up again and plugged the cricut back in everything worked fine. I won't update .. I refuse to update DSS until I am assured that it will not cause any problems... I hope those who are having problems wit SCAL will get it figured out and working fine again. I trust you will just will have to figure out the solution. I am sure Todd will help you..
susan

Post by susan »

hi do you think may be pc have put a bug in he new upgrade so we can't use scal because it seems that only the ones that have upgraded are haveing this problem.It is very frustrating i know but I am sure Todd will resolve this (i hope).
Susan
Crafty Cathy

Post by Crafty Cathy »

I'm back in business. Todd replied quickly to my email and I reinstalled my original CDS to another directory and am using that version. Also updated my firmware from the original CDS disk and copied the font file over from the new version of CDS to my original version and I now see the new cartridges. Cut files with SCAL, and no more cuts where they don't belong!

Thanks, Todd---SCAL support is wonderful!

In the future, I will NOT upgrade unless I hear that it is ok on this MB. The "other" MB said it was ok to update and SCAL was fine. I found out otherwise.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I've downloaded SCA and INK whatever but I'm still having trouble getting it working on Mac OS Leopard. I talked to a Mac expert and he said I have to load X11 from the Tiger or Jaguar disk first and then try it. I have the code change from one of the uses to change the script file and I'll try that tomorrow.

I'm a little concerned that my trial will run out before I can get this working. Also I'm not sure that my Cricut has the correct version of firmware. i've yet to try and hook it up and see if I can determine what the firmware version is. I HATE to bother my neighbor who has a PC to do a download of the DS software and then try and upgrade my Cricut. Is there any recourse?

Thanks
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Robbysmommyga

Post by Robbysmommyga »

Crafty Cathy wrote:I'm back in business. Todd replied quickly to my email and I reinstalled my original CDS to another directory and am using that version. Also updated my firmware from the original CDS disk and copied the font file over from the new version of CDS to my original version and I now see the new cartridges. Cut files with SCAL, and no more cuts where they don't belong!

In the future, I will NOT upgrade unless I hear that it is ok on this MB. The "other" MB said it was ok to update and SCAL was fine. I found out otherwise.
Cathy can you send me todd's email to robbysmommyga@aol.com so I can fix my problem, so I don't have to bother him.
momof5littlewomen

Post by momof5littlewomen »

papasue wrote:I've downloaded SCA and INK whatever but I'm still having trouble getting it working on Mac OS Leopard. I talked to a Mac expert and he said I have to load X11 from the Tiger or Jaguar disk first and then try it. I have the code change from one of the uses to change the script file and I'll try that tomorrow.

I'm a little concerned that my trial will run out before I can get this working. Also I'm not sure that my Cricut has the correct version of firmware. i've yet to try and hook it up and see if I can determine what the firmware version is. I HATE to bother my neighbor who has a PC to do a download of the DS software and then try and upgrade my Cricut. Is there any recourse?

Thanks
You shouldn't have to load X11 to use SCA, only Inkscape. I am waiting on dh to help me do the same thing so I can give Ink a try. I had to use Dh's work PC to update my firmware so I am afraid that is the only way. Hope you are up and running soon!
Dawn Miner

Post by Dawn Miner »

well, Iam back up and running dont know what I really did LOL my son helped me. all is happy in my world.
Dawn
Robbysmommyga

Post by Robbysmommyga »

Dawn Miner wrote:well, Iam back up and running dont know what I really did LOL my son helped me. all is happy in my world.
I wish all was happy in my world. But I 'm sitting here with a $70 software I can't use, and I'm not smart enough to try todd's fixes. I need step by step how to that renaming/copying thing and redoing what ever was undone. I'm very frustrated with my purchases.
neenahnancy

Post by neenahnancy »

Crafty Cathy wrote:
I'm back in business. Todd replied quickly to my email and I reinstalled my original CDS to another directory and am using that version. Also updated my firmware from the original CDS disk and copied the font file over from the new version of CDS to my original version and I now see the new cartridges. Cut files with SCAL, and no more cuts where they don't belong!

Cathy: what did you do with the updated version? Uninstall it? Let me know
Thanks, Nancy
saunjune

Post by saunjune »

I just got done reading this thread and I had to register for this message board and post a thank you. This thread answered my questions pertaining to the DS software update. I followed the advice from Todd and now I have the new cartridges listed on my un-updated DS software. Thank you all!! This was a very helpful thread.