NEWSFLASH!!!

For your help and questions
lkc

Re: NEWSFLASH!!!

Post by lkc »

:o :( :cry: I'm very sad to hear that...Todd has contributed soooo much and been a backbone of this forum. I can't even imagine what someone would write to discredit him. I'm sorry for others who have had the same trouble. It's one thing to inadvertently step on toes (I've apologized more than once when I worried my words had been taken in a way different than I intended) but to deliberately pm someone and make them feel bad enough to not remain here is unacceptable!

It is sad that even one or two people can create damage. I've seen it and been the brunt of it recently in our own little town. It makes one angry and shocked the lengths some people will go to to sully your reputation. Forunately for us, because our local chamber of commerce new the facts, they informed us of what was going on and called the person out as "a bold faced liar". However, some people find it far more interesting to believe and spread rumors. So one has to decide how much time and attention to give to them. Even though it made us angry and hurt our feelings, we decided time would show who we are in the community and those who know our character have defended us.

So, in that same spirit, I think soooooo many of us have loved what Todd has done and brought to this forum. So please know, Todd, that we do care so much and are collectively saddened that some have made this a place you don't want to be anymore.

I also want to thank him for taking the time to pm me after I had posted some bat files. I had made a reference to my husband being bit by a bat last fall on my blog and he took the time to inquire further about it which I thought was so very thoughtful of him....please know so many of us adore you and thank you for all you have contributed here!
hellie0h

Post by hellie0h »

I can't fathom anyone who is a true member of this forum, would ever have any harsh comments to make about Todd. He has bent over backwards helping everyone, and I do mean everyone. Wow, wonder if it could have been the idiot that keeps posting spam. Todd, thinking of you, don't let the numbnuts of the internet :twisted: have any satisfaction at your expense. Hope you are well.
Helen
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

This is very disturbing news to return to. This breaks my heart, I wish He would come back and say who it was to CE to get the guilty ones removed.

also it is very hard to hear that this has happened to others, I sure wish some thing could be done. and I am sure it could be if the ones offended would speak up to CE against the offenders. I hope all of you will consider this and maybe save the next member from this treatment

Good to See All of You Again
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
janekinso

Post by janekinso »

Wow! I was stunned to read all of this. :o I guess I'm naive, but I just never imagined anything like this on the forum. It's very sad, to say the least. I hope that this can be resolved and that Todd will come back to the boards.
jane
Creativity is a continual surprise.--Ray Bradbury

Silver Bullet 13, SCAL 4.038, Win7 64 bit
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

I am really glad to hear that there are so many others who miss Todd too! Would you please take a moment to PM him and let him know that we miss him and want him back? I guess we shouldn't be surprised to hear that this has happened to others here but let us make a pact now to report ANYONE who is cowardly enough to PM ANYONE with mean or nasty remarks so we can ferret out the thorns among the roses and put a stop to it NOW. I would also like to apologize to anyone else who has had this unhappy experience and ask them to give us another chance to be the decent human beings we are all capable of being. Together we can make this the wonderful board it was before all of this happened and I personally feel like I have much to gain from interacting with everyone here. I can say that with all sincerity because I ALREADY HAVE!!!!!

jAN
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

So sorry to hear this report. Unfortunately, not just youth get a kick out of cyberbullying. Come on back Todd. I stated before the reason I enjoy this forum is the comaraderie, the helpfulness and advice, seeing the creativity of the members....and the humor (especially yours Todd). I teach high school and know what it feels like to be bashed by students and sometimes parents, but what makes it worthwhile is when you know there are many students and parents that really appreciate what you have to offer. It allows me to ignore the rest. So...best advice I can give is know that there are many here in the forum that appreciate what you have to offer. Come on back Todd.
Sandy in PA
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I'm the one that said Todd was busy as that is what he told me.. So please don't shoot the messenger...
I find it very sad that someone deemed it necessary to pm a nasty to ANYONE.. PM or out in the open.. I had it happen a few months ago and I blocked this person.. Anytime someone does that to anyone just know that you can go under their profile and hit block... They can't see what you write and you can't see what they write.. I still have this person on block and in no way will I remove them..

Todd I really wish you would come back.. You are missed here.. Do not let one person spoil it for you and keep you from something you love and from your friends..
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Sweetness, you didn't do anything wrong. For all I know Todd may get mad at me for doing this but I just couldn't let it go. I feel certain that whoever it was would never be missed here as much as he is or you would be. I am glad you blocked that person and I agree that that is what should be done in the future. "Et illigitimi non carborundum!" If you want or need a translation for that you will have to PM me. Sweetness, we all love you and are glad you are here.
Jan
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Thanks Jan.. Feelings are mutual :D
papasue

Post by papasue »

I want to reiterate all the comments that suggest that if you receive a PM that is "ugly" you report it to CE. We don't want these people here. I love this forum and I'm both appalled and saddened that this is going on behind the scenes. Please do not "just take it" you deserve better and the forum reserves the right and obligation to have it's members be kind and considerate of others.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.