NEWSFLASH!!!

For your help and questions
jrichards

NEWSFLASH!!!

Post by jrichards »

Most of you think that Todd(not that Todd) is no longer on the forum because he is too busy. I had a few conversations with him and that is just not true. Todd got several nasty PM's from some folks on this board, I don't know who but, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! I don't even know what they were about and I really don't care. I just can not imagine how anyone could get upset enough with Todd to do that to him, whatever the reason. Don't you realize that you can never take back the hurtful words that you typed? "I'm sorry," is just so lame but it seems to me there are several of you out there who owe that to him.
And if that wasn't reason enough he worked for about an hour fixing a file for someone who didn't even bother to say thanks. Ladies and gents I find this very disturbing on so many levels and I really miss Todd and his enthusiasm and willingness to help and I WANT HIM BACK!!!!!!!! If you owe him an apology please take care of that NOW! In the future, if you think it is necessary to send nasty messages to anyone on this board DON'T! No one here owes you anything so let's all just act like adults who really care about one another and enjoy the time we spend sharing one of our favorite things! Life is just too short for this and no one deserves to be treated like that!
Todd, I apologize for this but I didn't tell you I wouldn't put it out there. The more I thought about it the angrier I got and I just couldn't let them go on thinking you were too busy to share with your friends. I hope they step up to the plate but more than that I hope you come back and join us again. I miss you.
Jan
Deloris

Re: NEWSFLASH!!!

Post by Deloris »

I have had the same thing happen to me and that's why I'm not very active on the forums these days. I'm a bit afraid to post anything as I don't want to get more of those types of emails. Sure wish we could turn back the clock and go back to the days where this was a fun and friendly place to post and share.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

I second that, Jan. Todd is a great guy, always helping everyone out and never asking for anything in return. I know I miss seeing him on here. I'm horrified that anyone would have said anything nasty enough to make him want to stay away. This board is one of the nicest I have ever been on, and it is shameful anyone sent him such messages. I feel that I should apologize for their poor behavior. I hope that Todd feels he can come back, and I hope to see him at this years SCAL get together.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

There don't seem to be any rude 'active members' on this board, that I can see. So, it must have been a member that is not present here often...and so I wish Todd could let it go and come back, as he is missed by so many here.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

If they were pm's maybe it should be reported to CE so the person is blocked from forum.
TOASTER

Post by TOASTER »

I'm glad you posted this. I am sorry to hear such a thing has happened. I thought he was just busy like most people. Todd does help everyone here and gives a lot of his time. I can't understand how anyone could bash him or for that matter how anyone could bash anyone on this board. If you read the posts for more than one minute you would see how helpful people are. I hope Todd returns and the trouble makers go away!
I THINK THE OFFENDERS SHOULD BE BLOCKED ALSO.
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

wow, that makes me furious too.

Todd, I appreciate all you have done to make this community a community.

And those folks who are mean via PM are just insecure and selfish. If they have something to say, say it in public.

I don't like that someone made Todd feel so feed up to not to come to a place that he enjoyed so much.

That's all I have to say.
balletcostumemom

Post by balletcostumemom »

I wondered where he was and that makes me very sad. Sometimes people,when anonymous like the internet makes them, say and behave in ways they absolutely would not if standing face to face with a person. It is important that for all of us, we remember that the people who come here to help educate and share do so out of the good ness of their hearts. They deserve patience, they desire thanks and they desire to be treated like the kind individuals that they are. Having gotten a couple of those pms myself, I understand his feelings and honor them. But hope he will come back.

If someone has his ear, please let him know that adminstrators can remove trouble makers from sites and those causing him grief should be removed.
Windows XP, SCAL 2.102, Inkscape 0.47
scrpbooklady

Post by scrpbooklady »

So sorry to hear this happened to Todd as well - I've also had a similar experience and have only been checking in sporadically and not posting. I regret feeling isolated from a few I considered "friends" but I've been down this road a couple of other times and just choose to stay out of it going forward. And, unfortunately, it seems to happen at a lot of places - there's drama on the MTC forums too - was hanging out there but have backed off from that forum also.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

REPORT these experience to CE please...I wish you would not leave and let the troublemakers win.