cutting 2 things together

For your help and questions
craftyjiver

cutting 2 things together

Post by craftyjiver »

PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!- I have just upgraded to version 2 and am trying to make daughter's wedding invitations. I have done a heart and "wedding invitation" written inside it - how do i cut that out together so that the letters are a hole inside the heart and i can put coloured paper behind it to show throug? Please someone help quickly. thank so much.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: cutting 2 things together

Post by HeatherM »

Don't weld them, just place the letters inside the heart. Use Preview (single page behind the magnifying glass) to confirm that it will cut correctly. If you are going to copy/paste them you might want to first select both then use Object/Group to keep them together. HTH
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

The buttons are near the top of the SCAL window. Here is an image showing the preview buttons. The one on the left (Preview) with the single page will show you your cut lines, the second one (Preview All) with two pages will generally show you your silhouettes from all of your pages in your file but usually won't show interior cuts.

You will usually want to use the Preview to see all of your cut lines. HTH
Attachments
scal preview buttons.png
scal preview buttons.png (24.89 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
craftyjiver

Post by craftyjiver »

HeatherM wrote:The buttons are near the top of the SCAL window. Here is an image showing the preview buttons. The one on the left (Preview) with the single page will show you your cut lines, the second one (Preview All) with two pages will generally show you your silhouettes from all of your pages in your file but usually won't show interior cuts.

You will usually want to use the Preview to see all of your cut lines. HTH

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS REPLY HEATHER - HAVE JUST NOTICED THIS REPLY FROM AGES AGO AND AM SURE I NEVER THANKED YOU. AM UNDERSTANDING THIS WEBSITE BETTER NOW! BEST WISHES, DOREEN