Inkscape won't load

General discussion about Inkscape
papasue

Inkscape won't load

Post by papasue »

Problem solved!

After wading through Inksys pages I found that my version of x11 was an older version even tho I downloaded it from inksys. Found another site on their page and downloaded vs 2.1.4 and it worked. I'm in business.

Maybe after 2 days of almost nothing but software figuring out I think I'm ready to tackle creating something.

Hope any of this helped you, it kept me going.

ORIGINAL POST

[I have a Mac running Leopard and am unable to launch Inkscape.

I've downloaded X11 from Inksys website and have the newest download of Inkscape.

When I try and launch Inksys this is what I get

attachment=0]Picture 2.png[/attachment]
Picture 2.png
Inkscape is blinking. If I click OK it goes away. I don't know what to do with X11?

Help?????
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
bands321

Re: Inkscape won't load

Post by bands321 »

Sorry I just came across this....I had the same problem but all is well now :)
MamaD

Post by MamaD »

I'm having this same problem. The newest version of X11 is 2.2.1, I think, which I've loaded. That comes up just fine now that I've updated my operating system to OS-X 10.5.2!!!! On the Inkscape website I just clicked on download the newest version (in the upper right hand corner). Is that what I'm supposed to do? I've even restarted my computer. What am I doing wrong?!?
scrapbooker08

Post by scrapbooker08 »

This is the problem I have been having all night and still cannot figure out what to do can you tell me what you did to finally get it to load please!
scraperfect

Post by scraperfect »

HELP!
I'm having the same problem!

I'm using 10.5.4

I am not sure if I did the x11 or whatever right. I don't really understand what that is. (I have it in my utilities X11 2.2.3.) Do I actually have to do something with it or just have it on my computer?

EDIT>>>>>>>>
IT WORKED!!!!

OH MY GOSH! It just worked. I thought I did everything last night. But suddenly it worked!

I'm afraid to close it and see if it will work a second time:) Hooray! I quit it and opened it again.

1. Open Terminal.app (in Applications -> Utilities) and type the following

2. mkdir ~/.fontconfig

3.Hit return

4. Then I re-downloaded inkscape and opened it.

I'm a bit concerned when the automatic updates occur to Leopard or whatever it won't work again...

OS X.5.4
Xquartz 2.2.3

PS Inkscape isn't in the menu bar (X!! is) but if you look at the force quit box, inkscape is there.
Have a Magically Perfect Day! www.ScraPerfect.com