Sure Cuts A Lot 3 for Windows & Macintosh

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Tyler

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 3 for Windows & Macintosh

Post by Tyler »

Alright - I am anxious to try this out with the cougar and the lynx. I love the mat change!!!
bossie1

Post by bossie1 »

Doing the happy dance here!!!!!! Tyler me too, 13 inch cougar and SCAL... what are the mat changes? Is it set up or the cougar? I am not at my SCAL compter so I cannot do the download. Valerie
ScattyCardCrafter
Location: Dartford Kent UK Using a MAC with OS Snow Leopard 10.6.7 SCAl 2.012

Post by ScattyCardCrafter »

IF I download BUT don't install SCAL3 in case Should I ever get a different cutting machine from my Cricut.e.g if they somehow make SCAL not work with my Expression, I would be lost with out SCAL.
AS I only have 3 cartridges, the 2 that came with it, Plantin Schoolbook and Accents Plus one that I purchased i.e. Quarternote cos I just love the musical stuff on it.

Please confirm it won't mess up my system as it is.
If that is indeed possible
How would I save SCAL3 to a memory stick? AS I would love to be prepared.
Thanks
Scatty
:?
Use a MAC computer running 10.6.7: SCAL v 2.043
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours!
I have joined the wonderful world of Fiskateers no 7771

:-D
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Put a memory stick in your computer USB port...go to 'Computer' and see what drive it is...I have one E:\ and one F:\ just for example. Now go to the Craftedge download page

http://craftedge.com/download/download.html

Click on the one at the top and download...SAVE,...it will suggest a location on your computer, but ....browse for E: or F: (example)
Click on that as your location to SAVE the SETUP for SCAL3. That is all you need to do at this time. Just save that setup and if you get a new machine you have it. That is what I did anyway. Good luck!
ScattyCardCrafter
Location: Dartford Kent UK Using a MAC with OS Snow Leopard 10.6.7 SCAl 2.012

Post by ScattyCardCrafter »

Oh thanks I should have known that. LOL was in a hurry when I wrote it and just wanted to be sure.
If I have downloaded it to my desktop I can just drag it across.
I just wanted to make sure the whole thing would work if I did that.
as sometimes in the past I have tried on my windows machine and nothing worked so I am not sure what I did wrong that time.

Happy Crafting
SCatty
Use a MAC computer running 10.6.7: SCAL v 2.043
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours!
I have joined the wonderful world of Fiskateers no 7771

:-D
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

So now that SCAL 3 is out I guess that is the end of SCAL2? No more features, no more bug fixes? The way it works is the way it works?

I haven't done any paper crafting since the weather turned nicer, and probably won't do a lot till fall (I hope to squeeze in some rainy days or late evenings). I'll watch SCAL 3 pull off into the distance feature-wise and keep using Inkscape & SCAL 2. At some point I'm sure SCUT files will break compatibility between 2&3 (if it's not already), and 3 will support SVG features 2 does not. Hopefully there's enough people holding onto their Cricuts & SCAL to keep some level of SCAL 2 activity going.

It's a shame the EFF didn't hop in to help Craft Edge out on the lawsuit. Or maybe PC legitimately had CE on at least one of their claims. Oh well.

- Jasen.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I also have wondered about the sharing of .scut3 files and hope that if they can not be opened in SCAL2 that the .svg's will be shared. I don't do as intricate of work as some and so I can work with .svg's just fine in SCAL2. I have gotten full value from this program and if nothing more is done to change it or upgrade it, that will be fine with me. I will continue to use SCAL2 and the machine that I have. The chat will begin to be mostly about the new machines though, as people are learning how to use them.
That will possibly make it seem as if there are not many of us left.
djmom70

Post by djmom70 »

scut3 files open in scut2. :)
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Thanks for that info...I am so glad about that!...I did not know.
denise025

Post by denise025 »

I have a US Cutter MH-Series cutter, do you know if SCAL 3 will work with this? I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I love SCAL2 on my *E*!!!