SCALAPALOOZA

For your help and questions
scrpbooklady

Re: SCALAPALOOZA

Post by scrpbooklady »

Just had a PM from Todd and he plans to attend - that brings us up to 4!

I'll check in on this thread when I get home tonight to see if anyone else has made a decision yet!
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Sorry to get off topic, but I was just going to submit a new post wondering if Todd was okay. Haven't seen him around much lately. Since you heard from him and he plans on attending, I guess he's doing okay. I wish I can go, but I don't like to drive much; especially expressways. :( I hate to admit it, but I suffer from anxiety. Sounds like a blast and what a deal. Have fun. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

This sounds so fun and I would love to meet you all, but I can't do something like this right now. Have a wonderful time to all that attend and post some awesome projects please.
Sandy in PA
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Todd is doing okay. he had stuff going on on the home front and was busy at work..
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Thanks for the update Jo-anne. Glad to hear all is okay. :) Okay, no more hijacking.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I'm in! See you in August. :D
scrpbooklady

Post by scrpbooklady »

There have been a few votes now for August so I checked on the B&B availability - the weekend of August 12-14 still shows all rooms available.

Here's the details from my original post on the B&B:

The Inn at Windmere has 6 guest rooms - would accommodate 6 if no one shared rooms, 10 if people shared rooms but not beds. On the scrapbook retreat page, it indicates taht with 7 or more people, the rate is $160 per person - but it includes your stay, dinner Friday & Saturday, breakfast Sat & Sun, and lunch on Saturday. It also includes snacks and refreshments for the duration of your stay.

They offer a large room they say will hold 12 scrapbookers - each person has a 6 foot table, chair and ott lite. The B&B also has wireless internet.

This place looks very nice and with all meals included, I thought 160 a person is a fair price - I've seen some that charge 300 for the same package.

As far as scrapbook stores - I know that Fort Wayne has Joanne's, HL, Michael's and an Archiver's. There are also some independent shops but I'm not sure of the names to look them up online.

Here is the link if anyone wants to take a look: http://www.innatwindmere.com/index.html

If we want to do this, we need to make commitments soon to ensure all rooms are available.

If you want to attend and are ready to commit by booking a room, can you please respond to this post so we can determine if we have a total of 7 people? I'll add your name to the list below as you respond. If we reach 7 people, I'll call my contact and get everything set up, and then each person would need to contact the B&B to book their spot. (Note- my daughter and I will share a room so that leaves 5 rooms available but if you are signing up with someone you want or would be willing to share a room with, please indicate this. All but one of the rooms has multiple beds).

1. scrpbooklady (Lora)
2. Jennifer (Lora's daughter)
3. Pennsylvaniakate
4. talanhart (Todd)
5. HeatherM

Still need 2 more people to get us to the 7 minimum to keep our price at the lower rate. Anyone else?
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

im green with envy! hope you all have a fantastic and crafty time!!! :D :D
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10
scrpbooklady

Post by scrpbooklady »

BTT

Anyone else interested?
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

I'm willing to do the driving for anyone on my way there. I live an hour south of Pittsburgh, so I'll be going the PA Turnpike North into Ohio, and I-80 West across Northern Ohio... past Cleveland and into Indiana, if anyone wants to go and carpool.