file back ups

For your help and questions
joyinj

file back ups

Post by joyinj »

I am new here and already learned so much from all of you. I was wondering if it is possible to back up the scal folders and files onto a stick or cd in case of a computer crash. I have windows xp. Thank you so much for any help.
Barb R.
pastda3

Re: file back ups

Post by pastda3 »

I DO back up all of my svg's onto an external harddrive. I would definitely back them up on something. The thought of losing all of my svg's makes me break out into a cold sweat!
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

LOL ME TOO
GIMME MY STICK
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
hkvalerio
Location: { Cali } Windows XP, Inkscape .48, SCAL2, Microsoft Digital Image Pro

Post by hkvalerio »

I also backup my files on a memory stick. For some reason when I do that, they are taken out of their files and merged together into one big mess. Does this happen to anyone else? Maybe I'm not doing it right?
Heather
joyinj

Post by joyinj »

Ok, thanks. I bought a memory stick. Now to do it soon. I also am looking for a program to put ALL of my craft files on that are now in file cabinets, about 8 drawers full. Lots of paper. Do you have any ideas? I would like a program that files itself. Scan in and there it goes. Don't want much, huh? lol. Wellllllllll, I try. Again thanks so much for your help. I will be interested to see the answer to the jumbled mess on the stick question.
Barb R.
lindamac
Location: Arizona-SCAL1, SCAL2,SCAL3 Inkscape,Silhouette Cameo

Post by lindamac »

call me paranoid but I backup my files on cd's and an external hard drive. External hard drives can crash just like your computer.
hkvalerio
Location: { Cali } Windows XP, Inkscape .48, SCAL2, Microsoft Digital Image Pro

Post by hkvalerio »

lindamac wrote:call me paranoid but I backup my files on cd's and an external hard drive. External hard drives can crash just like your computer.
I have always thought the same thing, I just hope that my computer doesn't crash at the same time as my memory stick. For my pictures that I take, I print a copy, scrapbook a copy, save a copy on disc and make a back-up disc that I store in a fireproof safe at my grandma's house. Now that's paranoid! :lol:
Heather
joyinj

Post by joyinj »

Ok, thanks again. I am still looking for a way to put folders and files on my computer from paper to organize. Any software programs you can advise for me? It is a daunting task but need to do it. I did get a thumb drive, by the way.
MeFlick

Post by MeFlick »

hkvalerio wrote:
lindamac wrote:call me paranoid but I backup my files on cd's and an external hard drive. External hard drives can crash just like your computer.
I have always thought the same thing, I just hope that my computer doesn't crash at the same time as my memory stick. For my pictures that I take, I print a copy, scrapbook a copy, save a copy on disc and make a back-up disc that I store in a fireproof safe at my grandma's house. Now that's paranoid! :lol:

LOL Yes, Heather that is paranoid. However, you will most likely still have your pictures available in some form that way! Good for you!
He**inwa

Post by He**inwa »

I back them up to a jump drive periodically and also to an online service.
I usally email them to my gmail account also.
I have had to recover too many external hard drives, both mine and friends'
:oops: :lol: