adding to shapes library

For your help and questions
rebecky

adding to shapes library

Post by rebecky »

Can you add shapes to the library?

Found out on my own--went to craftedge site---to tutorials--how to add to libraries. I d/l Lib It Up and was able to make new libraries. :D
May the Lord keep you and watch over you.
gj1

Re: adding to shapes library

Post by gj1 »

Thanks for this info...I will check this out.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Don't add shapes to the regular shapes library.. It will crash your SCAL.. I just tried it and it crashed.. Thank goodness I was able to roll it back to a previous time..
gj1

Post by gj1 »

maybe that won't happen for everyone. Rebecky...let us know how it goes for you.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Rebecky, please let us know how you like this...I have never downloaded the lib it up program, as I did not feel it was necessary when I could access my folders quite easily for my files and a preview shows there now in SCAL2 later versions. I have also decided not to put all my pattern papers in the pattern section, as I can access my own folder easily for that too.

I am wondering if only small shapes can go in the addition shapes library or whole projects with multiple pieces.

I just thought it would be a lot of work to get it set up.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Ohhh I'm betting by adding libraries she doesn't mean adding to the basic shapes, fall shapes etc..
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

A lot of people feel that it slows down their SCAL.
Todd
rebecky

Post by rebecky »

Yes, I added to the SHAPES lib. I had some sizziz shapes that I wanted to use often, so the tutorial was quite clear on how to do it. I did this Sat. the 5th and I accessed them this morning the 7th without any problem. Can't explain why some are having problems with this-- must be the individual computers. But I can't tell that my scal is any slower nor did it crash. I do agree about adding patterns, as they are so easy to access anyway through the program.
May the Lord keep you and watch over you.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I used Lib it Up today to add a new shape category to the shape library of SCAL2. Instructions that come with Lib it Up are very clear and I now have my favorite swirls available with just one click instead of importing the .svg.
YEAH!.jpg
YEAH!.jpg (22.84 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
THANKS CRAFTEDGE!!!

ADDITIONAL HELP - Preparing the files in Inkscape.

When creating your shapes in Inkscape I found that making them 1" to 1.5" in size works best, you'll have to play a bit depending on your image. I installed the images 3 times until I got it the way it looked best.

Make each image in a separate .svg file and put them all in one folder.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
LeeMilazzo

Post by LeeMilazzo »

I downloaded SCAL Lib it up 2 but it wont work. is there a good instructional video? I am using a MAC